What transfer from OU has had the best career after OU recently?

forgive me for asking or seeming ignorant to this simple question, but how is it that Alondes Williams plays two seasons for us and produces mediocre numbers at best, and then transfers to WF and just goes off?! Did Kruger hold him back? Seems like Manek had a better season this season than he ever did at OU too, what gives? Is it just them being 5th year players and making the most of it, or is it something else?

Williams had attendance & defensive issues while at OU

forgive me for asking or seeming ignorant to this simple question, but how is it that Alondes Williams plays two seasons for us and produces mediocre numbers at best, and then transfers to WF and just goes off?! Did Kruger hold him back? Seems like Manek had a better season this season than he ever did at OU too, what gives? Is it just them being 5th year players and making the most of it, or is it something else?

Brady's a fifth-year senior and he moved to a talented team in a less strenuous conference and was able to play his natural position.

Last season, he had health and injury issues to overcome but the 2019-20 season was very much in the same ballpark as this one statistically.

This season, he averaged 15.2 points per game in 30.1 minutes of action, shot 49.5% overall, 39.8% from deep and made 70.6% of his free throws. He grabbed 5.2 rebounds per game, average 1.9 assists, half a block and half a steal per game, with 1.5 turnovers.

In the 2020 season, he averaged 14.4 points per game in 30.5 minutes of action, shot 45.3 overall, 38% from deep and made 77.9% of his free throws. He grabbed 5.2 rebounds per game, averaged .9 assists, 1.2 blocks and half a steal per game, with .8 turnovers.

Brady's a fifth-year senior and he moved to a talented team in a less strenuous conference and was able to play his natural position.

Last season, he had health and injury issues to overcome but the 2019-20 season was very much in the same ballpark as this one statistically.

This season, he averaged 15.2 points per game in 30.1 minutes of action, shot 49.5% overall, 39.8% from deep and made 70.6% of his free throws. He grabbed 5.2 rebounds per game, average 1.9 assists, half a block and half a steal per game, with 1.5 turnovers.

In the 2020 season, he averaged 14.4 points per game in 30.5 minutes of action, shot 45.3 overall, 38% from deep and made 77.9% of his free throws. He grabbed 5.2 rebounds per game, averaged .9 assists, 1.2 blocks and half a steal per game, with .8 turnovers.

I think what you're saying is that Brady was always a good player, but OU fans didn't understand his value.

Thanks for pulling the stats. It is very interesting to see how close the stats are year over year.

I think he has benefited from not having to guard the biggest, strongest guy from the other team. I feel like he was pushed around more last year than he has been in the UNC game's I've watched.

I'm anti-Duke, so I'm hoping to see him shine in 2 more games this year.

Career?

McGusty, easy. Had 3 years to accumulate.

Career?

McGusty, easy. Had 3 years to accumulate.

Depends on how you view ones CBB career. If you view it like a coaches, you go by awards, wins, FF's, Titles, etc.

Williams won ACC POY. Could be drafted. Didn't make the Tournament, made the NIT. Nothing else.

McGusty made the Tournament. Made the Elite Eight. Made All-ACC once I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. Could be named to the Tournaments most outstanding 2nd team? Maybe. Did nothing else of note.

Manek is in the FF. Is going to be named to the Tournaments most outstanding first team. A few things for thought.

The Athletic released their update mock draft. They have Alondes in the middle of the second round and no mention of Manek.

manek is not a top 100 prospect

I think he is top 100. I see him like I saw Doo a couple years ago -- a chance to be drafted if he shows well in workouts and the combine. I've read other mocks recently that mention him as a second round possibility.

I think he is top 100. I see him like I saw Doo a couple years ago -- a chance to be drafted if he shows well in workouts and the combine. I've read other mocks recently that mention him as a second round possibility.

i have not seen any .. but i will keep looking ..

the draftexpress guys ( the best in this business) now at espn do not have him in the top 100

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/UNC_Basketball/status/1509944814950825989?s=20&t=mUUoO2mLjJWdjUTEV5W80Q[/TWEET]

Back