What would you want the players to be doing in the summer?

What would you want OU players doing

• A San Francisco trip with the silent assassin Frank Marcisciano

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Working out at John Lucas's gym in Houston

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Pickup games and conditioning in Norman

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Working Player camps like the Nike skill camp along with other NBA and college players

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Pro-Am summer leagues

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Which of these often used summer prep routines would help our OU players get better.

For this group I voted to stay on campus and condition and get used to one another. I would have liked Willie to play in the U19 Championships, but if he isnt going to do that I would rather him stay on campus.

Depends on the team you have coming back, I agree with ABD.

I'm sure they're hitting up Brother's on Wednesday nights and pulling some wool.

I voted staying home, which is what they are doing. With so many new faces (that will have to be impact guys from day 1), I want these guys together.

Chemistry is very important for a team to have success. Each player needs to get to know their teamates off the court and on the court. From the early reports that I have heard this summer. All of our guys are getting along well. I do wish we could fly Frank in from San Franciso to take our guys down to the the Arbuckles to get them in the best shape of their lives. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-roll:

I think Warren could have benefited from going to San Fran or working camps. I don't know neccesssarily that he hasn't worked a camp, but I do understand that he needed to be in Norman from a leadership standpoint.

What Faithful said. IMO, developing chemistry trumps a few weeks of boot camp Frank Marcisciano style. As others have already pointed out, that's especially true of a relatively young team with so many new (and key to our success this season) faces.

I'm also anxious to see what our new SC coach can do with these kids.

I think the answer is, Capel should send the S & C coach to Marcisciano's boot camp and he then could start one near Norman. Running the river banks south of Norman might be a good place to start.

Back