Which story do you like best so far?

thebigabd

Reaction score
Lots of good ones this year... Syracuse is interesting, ORU made history and being from Tulsa that one is very interesting to me, lots of higher seeds are gone early.

I think my favorite story so far might be the Oregon State one. Picked to finish last in their league, a weird rag-tag roster of players, an older coach who was at Montana for his entire career (since 2002) before landing at Oregon State....

Win 8 of their last 9 games, win the Pac 12 tournament, and beat a 5 and a 4 seed to advance to the Sweet 16. They will play the 9 seed in the Sweet 16.

They've got this 7'1'' dude who averages 5 points a game, and about 16 minutes a game... but look at him in the NCAA Tournament.

• 7 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 2 assists in 31 minutes against Okie State
  • 16 points, 3 rebounds, 3 blocks in 25 minutes against Tennessee

I watched last night, and they won that game because of the 7'1'' guy... OSU was missing all sorts of stuff around the rim because of him, and OSU kept double-teaming him which was leading to open shots for other players.. You wouldn't guess he averages 5ppg on the season. And, he only registered 12 rebounds, but if you count his tip-out rebounds to his teammates he probably had 20 rebounds.

There is a pretty good chance Oregon State ends up in the Elite 8.

Last edited:
As a Tulsa resident most all of my life, it has to be ORU for me. Their team actually has a lot of history dating back to the 70's and 80's. And their two studs on offense are fun to watch.

ORU or Loyola. Loyola has a dude that can't run, dribble, shoot or jump and he's dominating lol. Pretty wild.

The big for OSU Beavers should have fouled out half the aggies. Every time he grabbed a rebound they hit his arms. Called a couple of jump balls.
He clearly bothered them on the defensive end.

Is it possible big Rick could do tha for us.

My favorite stories are OU winning, osu/texas losing, UNC losing, Duke not even here.

ORU is a great story and happy for that program.

I think my favorite story so far might be the Oregon State one. Picked to finish last in their league, a weird rag-tag roster of players, an older coach who was at Montana for his entire career (since 2002) before landing at Oregon State....

Win 8 of their last 9 games, win the Pac 12 tournament, and beat a 5 and a 4 seed to advance to the Sweet 16. They will play the 9 seed in the Sweet 16.

loyola chicago is the 8 seed .. .

but i agree OSU is a really good story

Loyola is the kind of team I wish OU was. They’re well coached and intelligent. Their players never look lost. They’re almost always in position and they run their system beautifully. They don’t have the most talent but they’re a damn good TEAM.

Loyola is the kind of team I wish OU was. They’re well coached and intelligent. Their players never look lost. They’re almost always in position and they run their system beautifully. They don’t have the most talent but they’re a damn good TEAM.

OU turns it over less per game and averages more PPG

Here they come. The signal has been sent.

because why let facts get in the way of a narrative

You cherry picked stats that don't really tell the entire story.

Counting stats don't mean squat when comparing teams that play different styles in different conferences.

You cherry picked stats that don't really tell the entire story.

Counting stats don't mean squat when comparing teams that play different styles in different conferences.

ken pom Offensive rating is identical for both teams ..

My favorite stories are OU winning, osu/texas losing, UNC losing, Duke not even here.

ORU is a great story and happy for that program.

All good choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back