Who else is tired of huge home court advantages?

GregFockerRN

Reaction score
We all know it's sort of been the unwritten rule of college basketball that the home team gets the calls, but it really seems like it's gotten out of hand this year. I mean what is the home-away record in the Big 12 this year? I saw it posted a week ago and it was absolutely ridiculous. No way there should be that big of a home court advantage. Is it too much to ask for even calls home or away? Just call the dang game.

What calls were questionable today?

We always foul TT alot, they run a very good motion offense. Capel's teams have fouled them. And Kelvin's teams fouled them. Not a big shocker.

We lost b/c we don't play good basketball, period. Not b/c of the refs.

What calls were questionable today?

We always foul TT alot, they run a very good motion offense. Capel's teams have fouled them. And Kelvin's teams fouled them. Not a big shocker.

We lost b/c we don't play good basketball, period. Not b/c of the refs.

This

He's not saying we didn't foul, it's that they didn't call TT for the fouls that were obvious.

He's not saying we didn't foul, it's that they didn't call TT for the fouls that were obvious.

Don't agree with that either.

When you take into account turnovers, the fouls called were just about even. I didn't see alot of "missed" calls on either side.

I'm not even necessarily talking about this game. Just look how hard it is to win on the road in the Big 12. It's not because the gym is any different. Do we need the coach to break out the tape measure and measure the rims? The crowds aren't that intimidating. It's obviously been the officiating.

I don't see where he is saying that we lost because of the fouls. He is simply saying that the foul discrepency should not be that big no matter if you are at home or away and I happen to agree. The game was not call consistently. That said we lost because we just had too many turnovers in the 2nd half.

They called us for 25 and them for 20. Not the biggest discrepancy. However, I saw several over the back fouls not called on their guys.

The big difference in this game is turnovers and they hit their shots while we were unable to hit ours.....especially when we were shooting wide open 3's.

I don't see where he is saying that we lost because of the fouls. He is simply saying that the foul discrepency should not be that big no matter if you are at home or away and I happen to agree. The game was not call consistently. That said we lost because we just had too many turnovers in the 2nd half.

Exactly. We had posters saying that we shouldn't start certain players on the road because the ref's are so whistle happy against the road team in the early going. Many people praised this strategy. Tiny didn't start tonight, right? Maybe even Capel was trying to avoid those early fouls.

We had 8 more turnovers, and took 9 more 3 pointers. That is the only reason they weren't called for more fouls than we were.

And saying you are complaining about no-calls when there were 45 fouls called in a game I wouldn't call a slug-fest, well, I don't get it.

They called us for 25 and them for 20. Not the biggest discrepancy. However, I saw several over the back fouls not called on their guys.

The big difference in this game is turnovers and they hit their shots while we were unable to hit ours.....especially when we were shooting wide open 3's.

Besides TMG, we were 1 of 14 from 3. Most of those were open looks. We obviously gave this game away in a lot of respects. I still hate losing a close game when the ref's played a part. Did the ref's straight up cost us this game? No. We had plenty of opportunities. Still though, as it played out, had the calls been even, we still would have won. That's the home-away discrepancy I'm talking about.

I thought the refs could have fouled darko out on just his moving screens. He didn't get called for it once that I remember.....but the refs didn't beat us..poor play beat us.

I think one of the worst indicators of wheter a game is called evenly is looking at a box score for fouls called.

If one team fouls 30 times and is called for 20 and one team fouls 20 times and is called for 18, that is not even.

I am not saying that is what happened tonight. I am saying, unless someone watches a game from start to finish, they cannot say whether a game was called even.

OU is the only team that never gets home court advantage form the refs and it has been going on since the Big12 was formed. It is nothing more than the SWC doing anything they can to screw OU over.

I only got to see the second half but these looked like the same refs from last game...some very ticky tacky calls. LETS PLAY BALL!

I'm not even necessarily talking about this game. Just look how hard it is to win on the road in the Big 12. It's not because the gym is any different. Do we need the coach to break out the tape measure and measure the rims? The crowds aren't that intimidating. It's obviously been the officiating.

Home teams don't win because refs have an inherent bias against road teams. Home teams win because players have a tendency (in all sports) to play better in front of their own fans and in an environment they're used to.

Home teams don't win because refs have an inherent bias against road teams. Home teams win because players have a tendency (in all sports) to play better in front of their own fans and in an environment they're used to.

Tendency, yes. Overwhelming predilection despite talent differences, no.

I do complain about officials but nothing about the tech game seemed out of line, same with aTm. Far from perfect but not game changing. That is all you want on the road and we should expect the same slight edge at home. When the road team comes to LNC and gets the edge its criminal.

I do complain about officials but nothing about the tech game seemed out of line, same with aTm. Far from perfect but not game changing. That is all you want on the road and we should expect the same slight edge at home. When the road team comes to LNC and gets the edge its criminal.

This, I thought they missed some calls but nothing game changing. Darko was extending his arm out on screens like when Cade got called on the three point foul. I though that was a foul since he actually pulled Cades' arm but there you go. If we just improve our three point shots (Excluding Tommy) by a couple of buckets we probably win. Not to mention Singletary have a monster game from outside. He shot way above his average. Disappointing but we had chances.

OU is the only team that never gets home court advantage form the refs and it has been going on since the Big12 was formed. It is nothing more than the SWC doing anything they can to screw OU over.

Please.

Back