Who had a better season..... OU or Georgetown?

thebigabd

Reaction score
I saw they won the Big East Tournament in a blowout, and it got me thinking. Is it better right now to be in OU's position or Georgetown's?

They were 10-12 heading into their conference tournament. Then they beat Marquette, Villanova, Seton Hall, and Creighton in the championship game by 25 points.

So they go into the NCAA Tournament with a 14-12 record, a conference championship, and have won 6 of their last 7 games.

Then OU... had climbed into the Top 10 in January. But then lost 5 of their last 6, with the win in that situation being a historically bad ISU team (2 wins on the season).

OU was going to make the tournament even if they lost their last 6 games in a row because of what they had done previously. Georgetown had no chance to make the NCAA Tournament unless they won their conference championship.

But now they are 14-12 and OU is 15-11.

Who had a better season?

I saw they won the Big East Tournament in a blowout, and it got me thinking. Is it better right now to be in OU's position or Georgetown's?

They were 10-12 heading into their conference tournament. Then they beat Marquette, Villanova, Seton Hall, and Creighton in the championship game by 25 points.

So they go into the NCAA Tournament with a 14-12 record, a conference championship, and have won 6 of their last 7 games.

Then OU... had climbed into the Top 10 in January. But then lost 5 of their last 6, with the win in that situation being a historically bad ISU team (2 wins on the season).

OU was going to make the tournament even if they lost their last 6 games in a row because of what they had done previously. Georgetown had no chance to make the NCAA Tournament unless they won their conference championship.

But now they are 14-12 and OU is 15-11.

Who had a better season?

if you have to wonder i really don't know what to say

Gt had better postseason and ou had better regular season. I’m confident ou will be seeded higher than gt.

I'd so much rather be in Georgetown's spot. Not even close.

You’d rather be a P5 team who got a 12 seed? You’d rather have to miraculously win your tournament to get a bid?

That’s crazy to me

You’d rather be a P5 team who got a 12 seed? You’d rather have to miraculously win your tournament to get a bid?

That’s crazy to me

They achieved something this year. Is the main difference for me.

I’ll take a solid year to a sh*tty one all day.

But those conference tournament games count... They only have 2 fewer wins than OU now, and won their league tournament. OU has 2 more wins, and nothing in hand.

Not sure how you could look at that and say OU came out better.

But those conference tournament games count... They only have 2 fewer wins than OU now, and won their league tournament. OU has 2 more wins, and nothing in hand.

Better record, better conference, better wins, better seed. Georgetown still wouldn’t have gotten in with all those conference wins without the auto bid.

lol

ou was ranked for most of the year ... was a lock for the dance the second half of the year

gtown was terrible all year and had to win their conf tourney to make the dance ..

not sure how anyone would rather be in gtowns place

lol

ou was ranked for most of the year ... was a lock for the dance the second half of the year

gtown was terrible all year and had to win their conf tourney to make the dance ..

not sure how anyone would rather be in gtowns place

because while OU was great in January.... Georgetown won their tournament in March.

I would rather be cutting down nets in March, than be good in January in exchange for nothing.

That’s crazy to me

12 seeds historically make the second weekend more often than 8/9 seeds iirc. So if we were offered to trade spots with Gtown in the bracket we'd be crazy not to.

Yes. As frustrating as OU can be at times they have not just disappeared for a complete game in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back