Who replaces Bob Barry Sr. when he steps aside?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Great, great guy, but do you think he'll do the games this year or hang it up after football season? And who will be his replacement? Bob Carpenter?

Also, prepare yourself to get to know BBSr. very well during the Great Alaska Shootout as ESPN doesn't broadcast those games anymore.

Great, great guy, but do you think he'll do the games this year or hang it up after football season? And who will be his replacement? Bob Carpenter?

Also, prepare yourself to get to know BBSr. very well during the Great Alaska Shootout as ESPN doesn't broadcast those games anymore.

I am hoping for Bob Carpenter and Mike Houck on the radio..

Bob Carpenter will replace Bob Barry. The color guy for football will be a former Oklahoma QB with only one loss.

I think Jim Ross could be in the running as well.... Perhaps he does football and Bob Carpenter will do basketball and others...

I think Jim Ross could be in the running as well.... Perhaps he does football and Bob Carpenter will do basketball and others...

Jim Ross won't be hired. The next PBP guy is already set. Bob Carpenter and Steve Davis for football. Bob Carpenter and Mike Houck for Basketball

I like Steve Davis. Jim Ross is hard for me to listen to and he needs to retire along with Bob Barry.

Jim Ross won't be hired. The next PBP guy is already set. Bob Carpenter and Steve Davis for football. Bob Carpenter and Mike Houck for Basketball

Mike Houck seems like a nice guy, but it would be cool if we could get a former player to fill his role. Wasn't David Godbold a broadcasting major at OU? Someone like that.

Forget it. BBSr. will be here FOREVER. No one now alive will ever hear anyone else ever broadcast an OU ball game. The second coming will come and go and he'll still be in the booth.
BTW Bryan Brinkley is a better broadcaster that Carpenter.

Forget it. BBSr. will be here FOREVER. No one now alive will ever hear anyone else ever broadcast an OU ball game. The second coming will come and go and he'll still be in the booth.

You make a good point there. :ez-laugh:

Bob Carpenter = zzZZZzz. I hope that's not a done deal.

What's Chuck Cooperstein up to these days? He was always thought to be one of the front-runners as a replacement for BBS, but that was years ago. I think Bob Carpenter is fine, but he doesn't get me too excited. He has a few quirks that get under my skin.

I, too, am a fan of Cooperstein.

don't know anything about Steve Davis as a radio guy, since i'm out of state.

i'm also a big fan of Merv. i knew his kids when he was coaching and i was growing up. really great guy.

Back