Who would you rather have? Alex Tyus vs. Tobi Oyedeji

Sooner23

Reaction score
Let's say Tyus wanted to transfer to OU this summer, but getting him likely takes you out of the Oyedeji race.

For those who haven't heard about Tyus, he's an athletic 6-8, 220-pounder who averaged 12.5 points and 6.2 rebounds as a sophomore at Florida.

Which would you rather have in 2010?

Here is a photographic description of Tyus' game...........

340x.jpg
medium_033108alextyus.jpg

2229433832_480cec668b.jpg

25444113.jpg

And High School video...........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TokfCc_-zw[/ame]

Real talk, I'd take both and not sign a true PG.

Yea, why would you sign a true pg? OU has TMG for 4 years, and TJ Taylor can back him up.

Take the best wings and big guys.

He is one of 6 defections from Florida over the past two years. I think Donovan is the scary one.

If I remember correctly Tyus is a pretty good kid with no baggage at all. This transfer wouldn't scare me at all. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

What helps us is Ohio States 2010 is loaded with a guy like Sullinger who plays Tyus's position. Tyus almost committed to OSU out of high school.

Oyedeji for me. I love his potential and I don't think you take a comparable guy as a transfer when you can sign a 4 year player from Houston. I think every guy you sign in Houston pays off in establishing contacts and resources in a hoops hotbed that is ripe to be pipelined.

Tyus is a nice player, and I know there are a lot of posters who aren't bought into Tobi as a prospect, but I think the Houston kid does more for the program...but thats just me...

Of course, that being said...you take the first one who wants to play for you.

Oyedeji for me. I love his potential and I don't think you take a comparable guy as a transfer when you can sign a 4 year player from Houston. I think every guy you sign in Houston pays off in establishing contacts and resources in a hoops hotbed that is ripe to be pipelined.

Tyus is a nice player, and I know there are a lot of posters who aren't bought into Tobi as a prospect, but I think the Houston kid does more for the program...but thats just me...

Tyus is a proven player on this level who averaged 13pts. A 13pt average would be 3rd on this years team to two lottery pick. Tyus would be a must take in my opinion. He would tear up the big12. I like Tobi's legnth and athleticism and I would take him over other players except Cam Clark, Ray McCallum and Tyus.

I would also be curious to know why Tyus was leaving. I wasn't worried about getting Ryan Wright because we knew it was a playing time issue, but Tyus was the best post player on that team last year.

Back