Who would you rather have? Alex Tyus vs. Tobi Oyedeji

Why not take both of them? If Willie leaves after next year and Gallon is one and done (as he says he wants to be), we would have 6 scholarships to give.

I would also be curious to know why Tyus was leaving. I wasn't worried about getting Ryan Wright because we knew it was a playing time issue, but Tyus was the best post player on that team last year.

I'll try to find the link but I read at a Florida radio station that he had problems with Florida's offense (to which the commentators noticed that he was the second leading scorer on the team to Calathes, so they didn't get that). The other reason they had was that he thinks he can only make it in the league as a 3 and he wanted to go somewhere that he could play out on the floor and facing up. Sound a lot like the Ryan Humphries situation to me...

He contacted the coaches.

I know cynicism isn't exactly tolerated here, but didn't Renardo Sidney and Daniel Orton "contact the coaches"? Forgive me if I don't hold my breath on this one...

(damn I really thought we were getting Dennis)

I think this is a little different than Orton and or Sidney because they were recruited for this class. I don't know about how much contact was had between Orton and OU coaches, but their probably was some there. As for Sidney, I never was on that boat. With Tyus, its gravy, because if he decides to come, it fills in a need that we have. If he doesnt decide to come, we have a whole year to get someone else.

Dennis hurts like a mutha.

Back