Why Mason-Griffin left Oklahoma >>> Fox News/Houston

Guys I really don't see the point of sitting here and bashing a former player. We do know that 1)recruits read this board, 2)recruits' parents read this board, and 3)current players read this board. The guy has moved on, we need to do so also.

:clap:clap:clap

I thought it was good to hear him sounding humble and appreciative of his time here. Maybe that's a lesson that your complete feelings can't be expressed only through crappily written tweets and texts. I am glad that he felt like he had a family here at OU, because I wasn't really sure he saw it that way.

That said, I hope he makes it, and if he's playing with or against the Tulsa 66ers I'll try to go. Well, maybe.

That was a good interview. It does sound like the decision was not easy and he enjoyed his time as a Sooner. Good luck, Tommy!

I thought it was good to hear him sounding humble and appreciative of his time here. Maybe that's a lesson that your complete feelings can't be expressed only through crappily written tweets and texts. I am glad that he felt like he had a family here at OU, because I wasn't really sure he saw it that way.

That said, I hope he makes it, and if he's playing with or against the Tulsa 66ers I'll try to go. Well, maybe.

Good point....:clap

50.jpg
poland_CzechRepublic-2_eurobasketwomen2009.jpg

I agree about not bashing former players, and I don't think what I'm going to say is really bashing a former player.

"It's kind of like a big brother-type relationship,"
I have a problem with this statement, and it's something I referred to earlier in the season. A basketball coach at a division 1 competitive school cannot be a "big brother" to players. I think some of these guys thought they could simply come in and run over Capel because he's young, listens to their music, etc. What better place than OU for someone to come in, showcase their NBA talent without regard to the team, without any consequences from their older brother.

Being locked out of their locker room and suspenions are not consequences???

I agree about not bashing former players, and I don't think what I'm going to say is really bashing a former player.

I have a problem with this statement, and it's something I referred to earlier in the season. A basketball coach at a division 1 competitive school cannot be a "big brother" to players. I think some of these guys thought they could simply come in and run over Capel because he's young, listens to their music, etc. What better place than OU for someone to come in, showcase their NBA talent without regard to the team, without any consequences from their older brother.

+1

My older brother used to push me in athletics. He would get in my face and wanted me to be better...I don't think Capel was that kind of big brother and that was the main problem.

On a positive note, at least the TV station didn't let TMG type the transcript of the interview. :ez-laugh:

He made a life choice, we have to deal with it. Like I said in another thread whatever you think of Tommy he chose to come to Oklahoma and Ill always appreciate that. Nothing but the best Tommy good luck.

(I have a problem also with the "big brother" comment...)

I have no ill will toward TMG. I hope he does awesome in whatever league he is attempting to play in. Some guys don't like school. If he works at it, he can make as much or more money than someone dedicated to school.

^​

+100

I'm not comparing him to John Blake because there's a huge difference between the two but John Blake was about relationship with his players first. He loved his boys. That's good and all but it's not going to win a lot of games.

+1

Here's to hoping lessons were learned at the top and that the future of OU basketball is bright.

Guys I really don't see the point of sitting here and bashing a former player. We do know that 1)recruits read this board, 2)recruits' parents read this board, and 3)current players read this board. The guy has moved on, we need to do so also.

This. Just flat out stupid on some of these comments.
Things didn't work out ideally but we still gotta back TMG's decision and stay positive and focused.
Good luck TMG!

Back