Willie Warren has rendered me speechless

I think WW is pouting because TC has stepped up and taken over the team while WW is too busy tripping over his lower lip when things don't go well.

I've heard coaches say that they never know what to expect the first game after finals is over. This game is a perfect example of why coaches worry about these kinds of games.

We have two mature players on this team - Tony and Cade. Lots of posters have given examples of poor play today and every example is related to maturity. With the exception of Tony and Cade, eratic is the best word you can use to describe them. When they are good, they are really good. But when they aren't good, they are really, really bad.

I've heard coaches say that they never know what to expect the first game after finals is over. This game is a perfect example of why coaches worry about these kinds of games.

We have two mature players on this team - Tony and Cade. Lots of posters have given examples of poor play today and every example is related to maturity. With the exception of Tony and Cade, erratic is the best word you can use to describe them. When they are good, they are really good. But when they aren't good, they are really, really bad.

I liked Pledger today, most of the time. Seemed to be giving solid effort. TMG worked hard, too. Tiny was in and out, and Wright wasn't good. WW was baad.

I liked Pledger today, most of the time. Seemed to be giving solid effort. TMG worked hard, too. Tiny was in and out, and Wright wasn't good. WW was baad.

I hadn't realized that Pledger's slump was quite as bad as they said. I was glad to see him break out of it a little bit.

TMG was pretty solid today. Tiny's good when he's in the game. He just has to spend too much time on the bench with foul troubles.

We would play good team D for a few minutes, then we would be completely out of synch for 3 or 4 minutes.

WW is certainly a mystery. Way too up and down.

Crocker played well until the end when he about gave away the game. This game is over until he shoots the ball at 1:30 left with 30 seconds left on the shot clock. Then he misses the front end of a 1 and 1, then he throws the ball away on the inbounds.

WW was the focus of their defense and didn't force things. He did nothing to hurt us. Now if he forces 20 scores and scores 4 points it's a problem. But he didn't.

As usual when the WW haters come out of the woodwork you can expect a couple monster games from him coming right up.

I actually tend to agree with all of this, minus the "WW haters" part.

I'm going to disagree with many here and say that WW didn't play as bad as you think. He recognized that he wasn't on his game, but that two other guys were, deferring to them for shots. He only took 6 shots total choosing not to shoot us out of the game. Just a thought anyway.

This was the second game in a row where we fail to hit the necessary free throws to ice the game at the end. We get outrebounded and continue to not take care of the ball. And finally, Tiny played his second bad game in a row. If he can keep himself in the game we do much better.

I'm going to disagree with many here and say that WW didn't play as bad as you think. He recognized that he wasn't on his game, but that two other guys were, deferring to them for shots. He only took 6 shots total choosing not to shoot us out of the game. Just a thought anyway.

This was the second game in a row where we fail to hit the necessary free throws to ice the game at the end. We get outrebounded and continue to not take care of the ball. And finally, Tiny played his second bad game in a row. If he can keep himself in the game we do much better.

The critique by others centered around his defensive effort and lack of hustle as opposed to his offensive performance. His five turnovers didn't help as well.

I think WW just lets his frustration with no getting calls get the best of him. He needs to have a long talk with Blake about not getting calls and then realize that he's not getting punched, elbowed, and tripped and suck it up. I thought the officiating was even today, but piss-poor in general. I don't like hearing "the officials are really letting them play today" as that just means they're being pretty lazy and want to get the game over with as fast as possible. A foul is a foul and when you can hear somebody's arm being slapped on the TV broadcast, there had better be a foul being called. The team missed too many FTs today and really didn't box-out for crap in the last minute or so. I'm not trying to be a "hater" on WW, but he is reminding me more and more of Ebi Ere's 2nd season at OU.

I think WW just lets his frustration with no getting calls get the best of him. He needs to have a long talk with Blake about not getting calls and then realize that he's not getting punched, elbowed, and tripped and suck it up. I thought the officiating was even today, but piss-poor in general. I don't like hearing "the officials are really letting them play today" as that just means they're being pretty lazy and want to get the game over with as fast as possible. A foul is a foul and when you can hear somebody's arm being slapped on the TV broadcast, there had better be a foul being called. The team missed too many FTs today and really didn't box-out for crap in the last minute or so. I'm not trying to be a "hater" on WW, but he is reminding me more and more of Ebi Ere's 2nd season at OU.

I never heard anyone question Ebi's effort during his 2nd season. He worked his tail off but couldn't get the shots to fall. If you remember, he even went to Kelvin and asked him to start someone else late in the year because he felt he was hurting the team.

Yeah, I'm not trying to say that Ebi had bad attitude, I'm just saying that his first season he was driving to the hoop and nailing threes and looked like an AA, but he was just so inconsistent in that 2nd season. I can't recall but did he break his hand or something during his 2nd season?

He'll be fine. He's still only a sophomore, and leadership sometimes is a skill that is learned and isn't a natural trait. My only problem with Warren is his lack of intensity defensively, which has been the case for most of the season. He needs to bust his ass more on the defensive end, even when his shot isn't falling. I agree, he was lazy on the offensive end today, as he needs to take the ball to the basket more and the perimeter game will come.

Gotta agree. The team's best player has to play better. Four point, 1 reb, 3 assists and 5 TOs is not a good performance by any stretch of the imagination!

The teams best player is Tony Crocker, no question. WW can't hold his jock.

Yeah, I'm not trying to say that Ebi had bad attitude, I'm just saying that his first season he was driving to the hoop and nailing threes and looked like an AA, but he was just so inconsistent in that 2nd season. I can't recall but did he break his hand or something during his 2nd season?

I do remember that he suffered from plantar fasciitis. I seem to remember that he had some kind of hand injury. I can't remember the details on it, though.

I'm going to disagree with many here and say that WW didn't play as bad as you think.

Nonsense, and I'll tell you why.

When was the last time OU's "star" player had as many "poor" games as Willie has already had this season? Hollis was the focal point. Blake was the focal point. Eduardo was the focal point. They might have had more bad games then I can remember, but none of them EVER hung their heads and didn't hustle like Willie has done.

I agree with another poster who said that Willie appears to be drunk off his own koolaid. We can only hope he goes pro after this year, b/c talent or now, that kind of behavior isn't good for the team or the program.

Another blame Willie thread. So predictable. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

If anything is predictable it is your responses which are lacking in factualness. Do you believe Willie played an excellent game, average game or a poor game? If he played a poor game then whose fault is it? Is it the fault of any poster on this board and if so could you provide names? Is Willie blameness for anything?

I think this behavior stuff has gotten a bit out of hand. You guys act like Willie is out there getting in the face of teammates and telling off the coaches. That simply isn't reality. He definitely did some sulking today, and he let his offensive struggles impact his effort on the defensive end. Still, I didn't see him out there completely tanking it or anything. He still made some really good passes on the offensive end, and I saw him high fiving guys like Cade and Crock when they made big plays. Does he need to be better? Absolutely. Is he acting as poorly as some of you state he is? No.

Nonsense, and I'll tell you why.

When was the last time OU's "star" player had as many "poor" games as Willie has already had this season? Hollis was the focal point. Blake was the focal point. Eduardo was the focal point. They might have had more bad games then I can remember, but none of them EVER hung their heads and didn't hustle like Willie has done.

I agree with another poster who said that Willie appears to be drunk off his own koolaid. We can only hope he goes pro after this year, b/c talent or now, that kind of behavior isn't good for the team or the program.

i hope he doesn't go pro. I hope he stays and improves. I think he will by leaps and bounds by next year. Many players take years to reach there potential, some blossom in their last year when fans had all but called them a bust.

Back