Willie Warren Lebron James Skills Academy Write-Up

DSMok1

Reaction score
From Draft Express:

Willie Warren- Offensively, there wasn’t a more impressive player in attendance, as few possess the shot-creating tools that Warren does from the perimeter. His combination of athleticism, scoring instincts and aggressiveness made him quite a force here, as his shiftiness with the ball and long strides allow him to get nearly wherever he wants to go. When he wasn’t creating angles for himself to get to the rim, Warren showed an advanced ability to make contested shots from the mid-range and beyond the arc. On the downside, Warren measured in shorter than advertised at just 6-3 ½ in shoes with a 6-6 wingspan, and didn’t look anything like the point guard some experts have billed him as. It’s pretty clear that he’s most comfortable first and foremost looking for his own shot, as he seems to get tunnel vision once he starts driving down the lane. The coaches that worked with him raved about his attitude, which seems to be a constant theme.

Well, we now officially know Willie's height and wingspan! And that he isn't really a PG...

The height is pretty much what I expected, but I'm surprised by the wingspan. I thought it would be a little longer. His arms look long to me, so I figured he would measure out similarly to Eric Gordon and Russell Westbrook, but both of those guys are a little bit longer. However, the more I think about it, I doubt it's something that will hurt his draft stock. OJ Mayo has the same wingspan.

his shoulder span always seemed a bit small to me

From Draft Express:

Well, we now officially know Willie's height and wingspan! And that he isn't really a PG...

How do you know he's not a PG? Read the quote again.....you going to believe the "experts" or Draft Express? He's going to need to be a PG IMO. He'll be a scoring PG like a Baron Davis....actually he's more a combo guard but he'll play with the ball in his hands at the next level. Like a DWade.

The coaches that worked with him raved about his attitude, which seems to be a constant theme.

This is the best line in the whole paragraph and coincides with what I have heard. It is great to hear! :clap

Back