Willie Warren quote on TMG

Sooner23

Reaction score
The hype from Capel -- saying he's been the best or second-best player on the floor so far -- and now is more than I expected. Hopefully he can play a little defense too.

"He's a pro. He's so quick, so crafty, I don't know anybody in the country. I've been against all of the defenders, and I don't see anyone in the country that's taking the ball from him at all," teammate Willie Warren said Thursday. "You can guard him 94 feet, and you're still not taking the ball from him."

The 2nd Mighty Mouse?
damonstoudamire.jpg

McDonald+Men+American+Game+6ZaV4jAuu1ol.jpg

The hype from Capel -- saying he's been the best or second-best player on the floor so far -- and now is more than I expected. Hopefully he can play a little defense too.

Man, that quote is amazing! I can't wait to see him in action!

I always like Willie's quotes. Not that he's some great orator, but not many athletes make cogent points using complete sentences with proper grammar and so forth. I liked last year when he said to the Tulsa World....

"If it's needed down the line for me to shoot more or score more, I'll be able to do that," Warren said. "But this year, it's not about that. It's about doing what's best for a team that's 25-and-1 and No. 2 in the country."

"It took until my senior year to realize that everything Coach Brakel was saying was true," Warren said. "He always had examples in practice of the players he coached who went to college and things didn't turn out the way they thought it would. I just didn't want to be one of those players he'd make an example of."

Has the potential to be as good as Eaton and Sherron Collins. I just hope the pressure of handling the job day 1 doesn't get to him like it did Eaton.

Has the potential to be as good as Eaton and Sherron Collins. I just hope the pressure of handling the job day 1 doesn't get to him like it did Eaton.

I sure hope when you say Eaton you mean Eaton on good day.

I don't think it will. I think TMG will be a great player....and early on.

I think he will be somewhere between Eaton his freshman year and Collins the past couple of years. I won't say Collins his frosh year because TMG should get more PT than Collins did as a frosh.

Back