Baylor
@OSU
OSU
Nebraska
@Tech

and maybe
@ K State
A&M

Any combination of 3 would be pretty good.

Baylor
@OSU
OSU
Nebraska
@Tech

and maybe
@ K State
A&M

We can beat ATM at home, all they do is pound the ball into the ground for 30 seconds and then take a contested shot. We could win a 43-42 type game.

We play A&M in College Station. We already got killed by A&M in Norman.

Baylor
@OSU
OSU
Nebraska
@Tech

and maybe
@ K State
A&M

I gotta give mad props to Capel and the boys for that win last night. But let's not get carried away. We beat one average and one well below average team at home. And we rode an amazing shooting/scoring effort by one player, that overshadowed some still glaring weaknesses, to get a good road win. Again, I'm not taking away from it at all, Pledger and the team nutted up. But do you really think you will see a shooting performance on the road from him like that again? Plus all the other road games left are much more difficult than ISU. I think at home we can win a couple more maybe but no more on the road. If we do, Ill be back to eat it....
:hardrick

We've got to get miles better on the boards if we want to compete with eATMe in College Station.

We've got to get miles better on the boards if we want to compete with eATMe in College Station.

Exactly. But OU may be able to win six or more games theism year. I just don't think those will include wins against A&M KU Texas Those teams are simply better than ou.

Exactly. But OU may be able to win six or more games theism year. I just don't think those will include wins against A&M KU Texas Those teams are simply better than ou.

I think you're probably right on all counts. But still, wouldn't a win over one of those last two be nice?

I'm not sure A&M is better than OU now. We had so many defensive breakdowns that led to easy buckets for them and we shot poorly. It was the first conference game for half of our team.

I'm not sure A&M is better than OU now. We had so many defensive breakdowns that led to easy buckets for them and we shot poorly. It was the first conference game for half of our team.
I think A&M in College Station is pretty tough. They could beat Texas there tomorrow.

According to the RPI, they have us winning at home agaisnt BU, NU and OSU and finishing 6-10. Here's how they have the rest of the teams finishing.

1. Texas (16 - 0)
2. Kansas (14 - 2)
3. Texas A&M (9 - 7) Defeated Missouri based on head-to-head record.
4. Missouri (9 - 7) Lost to Texas A&M based on head-to-head record.
5. Baylor (7 - 9) Defeated Oklahoma State based on South Division record. Defeated Colorado based on head-to-head record.
6. Colorado (7 - 9) Lost to Baylor based on head-to-head record. Defeated Oklahoma State based on head-to-head record.
7. Oklahoma State (7 - 9) Lost to Baylor based on South Division record. Lost to Colorado based on head-to-head record.
8. Oklahoma (6 - 10) Defeated Nebraska based on head-to-head record.
9. Nebraska (6 - 10) Defeated Kansas State based on North Division record. Lost to Oklahoma based on head-to-head record.
10. Kansas State (6 - 10) Lost to Nebraska based on North Division record.
11. Texas Tech (5 - 11)
12. Iowa State (4 - 12)

For those who aren't familiar with it, there is a website that predicts the Big 12 tourney. You can pick the rest of the games for this year and see how it would play out with tie-breakers and everything.

Here's the link. http://www.notnothing.net/bball/bracket.php4

If we finish better than 6-10 in conference, I will go ahead and consider it a successful season.

i think 8-8 is a best case scenario... which means winning all of the winnable games listed... 7-9 or 6-10 is very realistic though...

Hey... I thought we were only supposed to win 1 Big12 game this year? :facepalm

Before the season started I picked us to finish 7-9 in conference. To be honest I would be tickled if we got to 6-10.

So we could lose the rest of our games and you'd still be satisfied?

Honestly....the way this team is playing, actually showing they have some threats...and the way the BigXII has been this year...i think there are only a couple of definite losses left...not saying we will win all of the winnable games, but i do think this team has progressed enough to give anyone a ride on any given night...

In other words...it is unpredictable...

The only games that I really expect to win are Nebraska and OSU in Norman. That would put us at 5-11. Then if we could just steal one somewhere else, 6-10 would be exceeding expectations by most people on this board and nationally.

I think Nebraska is a lot more of a toss up than people are alluding to.

They are a top 5 defensive team nationally...and defense travels.

Back