Winnable Games the Rest of the Way

The way things have unfolded I would be somewhat disappointed if we don't make it to 5. I would be thrilled with 6.

I agree with Edmond. I think there are only 2-4 games that are not winnable. KU and Texas are the most unwinnable games but even Texas is at home with Bradford coming to town, upsets happen, so who knows (I would not bet on OU - I am just acknowledging upsets happen).

Missouri did not play any better against Texas than OU and has lost to CU. While I would assume a loss, that may not be the best assumption. A&M crushed OU in Norman and in my opinion is a better team but you never know. They are not so talented (like KU and Texas) that you just can't see OU winning. In the end I think size, Middleton and homecourt will mean an A&M win.

The other games, I simply cannot say OU has no chance based on what I have seen this year. Tech and OU both just pulled off three wins in a row and both have better records than OSU and KSU. Nebraska is currently tied with OU and must come to Norman.

I also agree that 5 wins on the season would be respectable considering OU was down by about 8 to Tech and could have easily gone through the motions and lost every game this season. At the start of Big XII play I would have taken the under in heart beat if it was set at 5.5. While you still might win that bet, it would most certainly not be a lock at this point.

I am torn on whether or not I think Capel has done a good job. I do not and will never think 5 or 6 conference wins is a good or even acceptable job for the head coach at OU; however, I honestly thought OU would only win a couple of conference games this season. Based on out performing my expectations, I would say Capel has done a good job. Certainly he should be retained as the coach in my opinion. (Given that I know nothing that is probably not the best sign for Capel)

Back