Wooden watch list snub

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
James Anderson. How the heck is this guy not on the watch list? I would put him on it over Tiller any day. James is going to have a chance to once again put up big numbers on a tourney team this season while playing in the best conference in cbb. Just doesn't make any sense. :ford

Yeah, Anderson is a bigtime player. Not sure how Tiller made it on that list over Anderson.

That is a pretty significant snub, but that's what he gets for playing in the "Hell Hole". People do tend to get forgotten out there. :)

Last edited:
beyond the simple pleasure of beating the **** out of osu in norman last year, i admit that i enjoyed whatching andersone play.

That is interesting. I guess when you don't go out of your way to make yourself known (outside of putting up good stats) it can come back and get you.

That is interesting. I guess when you don't go out of your way to make yourself known (outside of putting up good stats) it can come back and get you.

How have any of the other Big 12 guys gone out of their way to get on this list? I don't get what you are saying. Anderson played on the wug team this summer so that should have been enough exposure.

Well, I am being vague, but I don't know how else to put it. National writers always referred to james' season as having "quietly put together great stats," which I agree with. His big games were in losses and OSU's big wins were times that Eaton took the spot light deservedly.

For example Warren had his hurt but still nailing threes at texas with blake on the sidelines, plus some impressive dunks. Other guys teams won big nationally televised games while putting up big numbers which had people writing columns mainly about them. Mizzu made a run with no big time recruits and being overlooked in the preseason, which may be why tiller is being noticed.

Anderson never had a huge break out night yet still put up great numbers, which outside of the big 12 won't exactly garner a whole lot of attention. I guess I'm wrong in my first statement inferring that he didn't try to make a name for himself, it isn't exactly his fault. The timing just never went his way.

Just not alot of respect for the OSU program.

As for Warren, when you're the top SG pro prospect in the Country, that is enough in itself to warrant being on a watchlist.

Back