WVU win even more significant?

I sure wish that Tech game weren't in OKC. That seems to me a really poor decision on someone's part.

I sure wish that Tech game weren't in OKC. That seems to me a really poor decision on someone's part.

Wait.... say what now? OU played at their home arena and we aren't playing them at the LNC?

Wait.... say what now? OU played at their home arena and we aren't playing them at the LNC?

It was our own choice, for better or worse. Clearly not something that the program would even consider doing if they could count on a real home court advantage at the LNC. I have heard Lon say a few times that they like playing in OKC and Tulsa to try to give other fans a chance to see them, but again, that wouldn't be worth giving up a true home court advantage if we had one.

For those who attended the Miss. State game -- how was the crowd? It was awful last year for the WSU game, but that was a morning tip in mid-December. Hopefully a late February game against a conference opponent will bring out a good crowd.

I have heard Lon say a few times that they like playing in OKC and Tulsa to try to give other fans a chance to see them, but again, that wouldn't be worth giving up a true home court advantage if we had one.

We have a home court advantage advantage. Familiarity with surroundings and sight lines, if nothing else, and our fans can crank it up when needed.

I'll say this: I would be much more confident of our chances against Tech at LNC than I will be in OKC. I'm not throwing in the towel on the game or anything like that, but I'd MUCH rather it was being played in Norman.

It was our own choice, for better or worse. Clearly not something that the program would even consider doing if they could count on a real home court advantage at the LNC. I have heard Lon say a few times that they like playing in OKC and Tulsa to try to give other fans a chance to see them, but again, that wouldn't be worth giving up a true home court advantage if we had one.

For those who attended the Miss. State game -- how was the crowd? It was awful last year for the WSU game, but that was a morning tip in mid-December. Hopefully a late February game against a conference opponent will bring out a good crowd.

MSU crowd was just ok

The Mississippi State crowd was officially listed at 6,442 and it was probably somewhere between 4 and 5 thousand. Probably about like WSU last year. Pretty much like an LNC game without the familiarity. The crowd got pretty enthusiastic on the last possesion much like they would at LNC. Only thing is, it get's lost in a 19,000 seat arena.

I attend every game and I can't say it was drastically different from an LNC home game, just different venue.

The Mississippi State crowd was officially listed at 6,442 and it was probably somewhere between 4 and 5 thousand. Probably about like WSU last year. Pretty much like an LNC game without the familiarity. The crowd got pretty enthusiastic on the last possesion much like they would at LNC. Only thing is, it get's lost in a 19,000 seat arena.

I attend every game and I can't say it was drastically different from an LNC home game, just different venue.

Thanks, good input!

Back