WW & TMG pick and roll with Tiny

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
Look for lots of NBA style pick and rolls with WW/TMG and Tiny. They are both nasty off the dribble and can knock down the 15 foot jumper.

TMG and WW are the best penetrating guards in the conference. This OU team is about to explode. Capel is like a kid in the candy store with this talent. I predict the 2 man game between WW and TMG and the pick and rolls with Tiny will be so successful teams will not be able to play man vs us.

Look for lots of NBA style pick and rolls with WW/TMG and Tiny. They are both nasty off the dribble and can knock down the 15 foot jumper.

TMG and WW are the best penetrating guards in the conference. This OU team is about to explode. Capel is like a kid in the candy store with this talent. I predict the 2 man game between WW and TMG and the pick and rolls with Tiny will be so successful teams will not be able to play man vs us.

Dang...I hope you're right!

boca,

I really do think that Coach Capel will start to allow Tiny to showcase some of his midrange talent here in the upcoming weeks. The pick and pop using Tiny along with WWIII/TMG can really be a weapon for this club.

The trick is getting Tiny to make sure and follow his shot in case of an offensive rebound.

Absolutely bigtime. Pick and Pop is good too.

On the NBA style pick & roll we will see WW/TMG dribbling between the top of the key and free throw line, tiny will come out and set a high screen then roll to the basket. WW/TMG will then choose based on what Tiny's defender does. If he rolls with Tiny WW/TMG take the wide open 15 footer. If Tiny's defender switches then WW/TMG passes to Tiny rolling to the basket.

It's a classic 2 man game where the other 3 players space out to the 3 point line. If their defender helps you kick to them for the wide open 3.

I haven't seen anything this season to make me think that is going to be a big part of what we do, this year. It hasn't been a part, at all, to date, and we're probably not going to completely change what we've been trying to do on offense, 1/3 of the way into the season.

Besides, I think WW is best on the drive when it's in more of a clear-out situation. He isn't as good in traffic, away from the hoop, IMO.

Back