Year in review - thoughts?

I just don't see Mo as a PG. It will take away what he does best, run off multiple screens for a 3pt shot or a pull up from the pump fake. I have doubts he can run Moser's offense, other than being the backup for 10 minutes a game. When defenders really crowded him he struggled to get by them off the dribble or get open at times.

Almost every key transfer Tech has came from a low major. And Adams deserves credit for winning those recruiting battles. It's not like Tech has a long history of putting guys in the NBA or is located in an easy place to recruit guys to.

As for ISU, the very fact the Clones and OU were on relatively even footing this year shows that Otzelberger did a better job than Moser. He inherited a 2-win team, brought in a ton of new guys, and immediately turned things around. While we lost a bunch of guys in the portal, I don't think anyone can dispute the fact that Moser inherited a much better situation.

I don't think Moser did an awful job, and I still think he was the right man to hire. But I strongly disagree with those who have said he basically deserved a free pass for the first season because we lost several guys off last year's team. There is no reason this team shouldn't have been able to win two or three more games and comfortably make the tournament.

Moser inherited a 16-11 team that was losing players that would become a starter for the LA Lakers, ACC POY, ACC honorable mention/UNC starter, and the starting PG on Oregon. 18-15 isn't that much of a dip, and when you consider the talent gap, this season was actually a much better coaching job. If his roster continues to be this weak over the next couple years, then he'll have to shoulder the blame, but he inherited the definition of an empty cupboard. This team clearly outperformed Capel and Kruger's first teams.

Moser inherited a 16-11 team that was losing players that would become a starter for the LA Lakers, ACC POY, ACC honorable mention/UNC starter, and the starting PG on Oregon. 18-15 isn't that much of a dip, and when you consider the talent gap, this season was actually a much better coaching job. If his roster continues to be this weak over the next couple years, then he'll have to shoulder the blame, but he inherited the definition of an empty cupboard. This team clearly outperformed Capel and Kruger's first teams.

I didn’t compare him to Lon or Capel. I compared his coaching job this season to two current Big 12 coaches who also had to replace a ton of players.

Back