2012 US Olympic Basketball Team

I left Brook Lopez off of the potential 2012 potential dream teamers.

And Andrew Bynum and LeMarcus Aldridge, who according to Sports Illustrated, already have invitations along with Blake and Greg Oden.

And don't forget, Blake's defense has been poor to date. Maybe that changes in the NBA, maybe it doesn't. But I think our Olympic team appreciates defense maybe a little more than the average NBA team does. That may play a role.

The NBA is the no defense league. I think your right about the Olympic team appreciating defense more, but Bosh and Howard have both lit each other up for 40 plus games. I think he has a better than average shot. Especially if he's going against injury prone guys in Oden and Bynum.

I think that if Blake shows the same dedication toward becoming a good defensive player that he has shown thus far to the other aspects of his game, he will be fine.

I think that if Blake shows the same dedication toward becoming a good defensive player that he has shown thus far to the other aspects of his game, he will be fine.

Blake also has an extra foul to work with which will free him up. Blake was overly cautious about getting two fouls in the first half and that affected his play on the defensive end the whole game. I think he gets better in the NBA where you're allowed to be more physical.

It is slowly getting away from that. Look at the Celt's. Cleveland defends pretty well. Detroit did during their run.

Cant forget about the spurs "dynasty" they played great defense. It is also looking the Thunder are beung built to be a defensive team.

It is slowly getting away from that. Look at the Celt's. Cleveland defends pretty well. Detroit did during their run.

Teams really ratchet it up in the playoffs. Houston played some great d the other day. The Lakers are still supsect.

Back