2025 Recruiting Thread

I know that Oswin’s goal is to be one and done. He’s stated that over and over. I wonder if he sees a top 100 recruit in Cooper sitting on the bench and doesn’t like that?
I know that it’s the best thing for Kaden, but I could also see other coaches using that against Porter.

“Business transaction” = ultimately not the kind of kid you want to build your program on
The way Moser built this team from lower level portal guys this off season I'm not a fan of chasing any possible 1 and done's. Just doesn't seem necessary or a fit for the kind of program Moser wants to run.

We're going to need the $$ to pay a bunch of kids on the roster next year likely to keep them around anyway.

I haven't been in basketball mode. At all.

But I meant to chime in when the Lusk kid put in that prediction.

Oswin's social media scream towards Providence and have for a long while. Both X and IG. He never even followed OU bball on IG. Seems like a small thing but eh, sometimes small things can be telling.

Last edited:
I haven't been in basketball mode. At all.

But I meant to chime in when the Lusk kid put in that prediction.

Oswin's social media scream towards Providence. Both X and IG. He never even followed OU bball on IG. Seems like a small thing but eh, sometimes small things can be telling.
It always sounded like it's been Providence, until it wasn't for a week or so. The guy seems like he's on their campus every week which makes sense I guess because of the proximity. But he supposedly has family/handlers that are muddying the water a lot.

Not creighton. Basketball the only show in town.

I’ve been told There are some rumors of Porter leaving if this run continues. I think it’s being used against us.

I have heard none of those rumors but that has turned some heads.
Wait, i'm confused... People are already saying that Moser is going to bolt because of OU's 13-1 start? Is this just your typical opposing coach common negative recruiting rumor, or is the thought that he will actually likely bolt if he has an uber successful year? I realize that we are on the outside of basketball blue blood status looking in, but it felt the way Moser talks that he wanted to build OU to win championships.. Actually glad you brought that up. Was it you, or somebody else on here that was saying Moser was trying to get the ND job last year? Not sure what of all this is true, and it makes it hard to peg Moser and his level of loyalty...

Wait, i'm confused... People are already saying that Moser is going to bolt because of OU's 13-1 start? Is this just your typical opposing coach common negative recruiting rumor, or is the thought that he will actually likely bolt if he has an uber successful year? I realize that we are on the outside of basketball blue blood status looking in, but it felt the way Moser talks that he wanted to build OU to win championships.. Actually glad you brought that up. Was it you, or somebody else on here that was saying Moser was trying to get the ND job last year? Not sure what of all this is true, and it makes it hard to peg Moser and his level of loyalty...
Porter stayed at Loyola for 10 years. (4 years as an assistant for Majerus at SLU)
He just got a new arena approved.
His team is playing well and he is in the groove and going into the SEC next year which is not a Big12 gauntlet.
Has the ability to string together lots of good teams and runs.

Unsure any truth to rumors of him leaving other than a blue blood school comes calling, based on his track record.

FWIW, that Trilly Donovan account on Twitter has mentioned Louisville as a school that will go after Porter hard in the offseason.

FWIW, that Trilly Donovan account on Twitter has mentioned Louisville as a school that will go after Porter hard in the offseason.
They do love their basketball in LVille...but imagine going from building a roster and culture at OU to ... whatever L'Ville is now. They are garbage now.

KP rankings for LVille:
2021 - 127
2022 - 290
2023 - 220

But what do I know, he would get whatever he wanted there, presumably.

I think the “rumor” was porter might leave if we don’t do better at NIL support for recruiting. We can’t keep losing out on elite recruits, especially to schools like Creighton and providence, because of NIL. Why would a good coach stay when his efforts aren’t being supported? You can only do so much in the current environment without NIL support. Losing recruits to UNC, KU, Duke? Understandable. Getting beat out by creighton and providence? Unacceptable.

Why would any coach stay for that? OU needs to do their part to support Moser or the program will suffer long term consequences. If not, We’ll be Looking for another coach and it’s going to be a lot harder to find good coaches when they know their efforts won’t be supported by OU NIL.

I think the “rumor” was porter might leave if we don’t do better at NIL support for recruiting. We can’t keep losing out on elite recruits, especially to schools like Creighton and providence, because of NIL. Why would a good coach stay when his efforts aren’t being supported? You can only do so much in the current environment without NIL support. Losing recruits to UNC, KU, Duke? Understandable. Getting beat out by creighton and providence? Unacceptable.

Why would any coach stay for that? OU needs to do their part to support Moser or the program will suffer long term consequences. If not, We’ll be Looking for another coach and it’s going to be a lot harder to find good coaches when they know their efforts won’t be supported by OU NIL.
That makes sense.

I love OU basketball as much as anyone ... BUT ... if Louisville comes calling that is not a very hard decision ...

Look at the final 4’s elite 8’s. Parity is here to stay. Creighton can pay folks.

Rutgers has 2 of the top 5 players coming In

Not beating out someone because we are “xyz” is over. NIL is the great equalizer

Look at the final 4’s elite 8’s. Parity is here to stay. Creighton can pay folks.

Rutgers has 2 of the top 5 players coming In

Not beating out someone because we are “xyz” is over. NIL is the great equalizer
Exactly. Said that on TOS.

NIL and the coolness/charisma/relationship of the HC seem to be driving a ton of recruits' decisions. Not tourney faves, history, or ranking.

No longer just the brands or bluebloods. Just hire a cool, charismatic coach, like Stoudamire, English, Madsen, Tang, or even Shaka, and pay NIL $$$ and you're in the game.

Bigtime change in recruiting.

Back