2025 Recruiting Thread

Kai Rogers is a strong and physically impressive post presence. He has good hands and an understanding of how he can best affect the game, and play within himself. While not super bursty, he has good timing around the basket as a rim protector. He is patient on the block and can score with a go-to move over his left shoulder. Rogers has touch on his shot and is developing a catch and shoot jumper. The release is good and the balance and footwork is improving. He is a good area rebounder. He plays tough on traffic. Has recently lost a good bit of weight which has helped him improve his athleticism and conditioning.” – On3’s Jamie Shaw
This seems to be his strengths. What are his weaknesses?

This seems to be his strengths. What are his weaknesses?
You can read into it that he is not extremely athletic. I read another review that he was good at moving his feet on defense and uses all his height but was not an above the rim player. That review said has solid offensive post play but not an extended range.

You can read into it that he is not extremely athletic. I read another review that he was good at moving his feet on defense and uses all his height but was not an above the rim player. That review said has solid offensive post play but not an extended range.
His highlight reel would suggest he's an above the rim player. Especially in comparison to what we've had the last 4 years.

I think I read on another site that he isn’t very bouncy in traffic, so I think you’re on the right track.

His highlight reel would suggest he's an above the rim player. Especially in comparison to what we've had the last 4 years.

On being an above the rim player. Looking at our team now I would consider Moore an above the rim player and Godwin not. Godwin obviously can dunk and jump and get rebounds. But his best work is not trying to out jump someone, but to use his body to block out. Moore uses his athletic ability to try to out jump you. That is my comparison. But I am open to discussion on that.

If he can stay out of foul trouble wague is an above the rim defender. Atak can be somewhere down the line. Not sure anyone else in the program qualifies in my opinion. Moore can certainly get up but isn’t tall enough in my opinion to be considered a rim protector

If he can stay out of foul trouble wague is an above the rim defender. Atak can be somewhere down the line. Not sure anyone else in the program qualifies in my opinion. Moore can certainly get up but isn’t tall enough in my opinion to be considered a rim protector

I don't think when the say "above the rim player" that they are really talking about defense....but moreso on the offensive end...dunks,put backs, alley oops....with a mix of rim protection.

On being an above the rim player. Looking at our team now I would consider Moore an above the rim player and Godwin not. Godwin obviously can dunk and jump and get rebounds. But his best work is not trying to out jump someone, but to use his body to block out. Moore uses his athletic ability to try to out jump you. That is my comparison. But I am open to discussion on that.
I agree with this. Kai is definitely not as springy as Moore, but also definitely more springy than Godwin. I don't think he's going to have the same issues against opposing Bigs that Godwin has on offense.

Back