2025 Recruiting Thread

Let me try to impersonate….

Yeah solid player but not great. Top 100 but how many of those have this staff wasted. Doesn’t have a big offer our staff can’t see a good player even if Kelvin Sampson (happy birthday) gave them one.

Even one of grad asst and video guys got a job with the phoenix suns and that’s alarming.

He’s gonna need to come here. Transfer and get some real coaching to be any good.
I hope my writing is never that poor. But keep licking PM’s jock. What could go wrong hitching your wagon to his star.

To be honest, I don't know that PM will get fired. I'm not saying he wouldn't deserve to....I'm just not sure OU is willing to do it.

Plus, I think they want to give him a chance with the additional resources he's gotten over the last several months.

Don't take that as a blind support of PM. It's just what my opinion is in regard to where things are. I believe he has more support within the athletic department than the general fan base.

I don’t care to type that much to explain or argue about it but I think moser has done a good job. I have no idea what joe thinks or will do but i hope gives moser a long leash.

You never know how kids will turn out but after watching the kids scrimmage yesterday i really like his 4 freshman (df,jf,jc and atak). Hope he can keep and develop them. So I think he has a really nice core to go forward with.

I readily admit i tend to be more patient with coaches. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I respect that. I think moser has done a good job overall considering a multitude of issues. But i liked sampson and a lit of people wanted him fired. I liked capel and a huge number of folked called for his head. Same with kruger. So i am probably too easy to please

To be honest, I don't know that PM will get fired. I'm not saying he wouldn't deserve to....I'm just not sure OU is willing to do it.

Plus, I think they want to give him a chance with the additional resources he's gotten over the last several months.

Don't take that as a blind support of PM. It's just what my opinion is in regard to where things are. I believe he has more support within the athletic department than the general fan base.
I don’t disagree with anything you said here. But I think that if we miss a fourth straight season, it could reach a tipping point. That’s an eternity in the portal era where it’s fair to expect any power conference coach to at least manage to put together one tournament team in four years. And with us moving to a new conference, if we again struggle to beat good teams in a slightly less difficult league, it would be one more black mark. But I think you’re right that the administration probably doesn’t feel nearly as disappointed with him as the fan base.

Heard the same but not sure why. I’ll ask around.

Experienced guards may be the direction?
Out due to OU stopping recruiting or kid advised he is not coming? If OU stopped, do they have someone else in mind?

Lusk said OU is out on Muldrew. So I guess no guard in the class @notaburner @CoachTalk ?
I expect Kai Rogers to be the last high school they take, he was their top target remaining. Wouldn't close the door but as of now that is what I have confidence in.

I do see them attacking the portal for the guard position next season. As many of you know, its the most plentiful position in the portal each year.

If Porter can just get over the hump, I think he can build something (a big if, I know).
If they keep this group together and add a player or two, it could be their best class in a while.

I think the ship is sailing in the right direction. I know we need to get in the dance! It is priority #1.

Fears showed up in a top 60 prospects for draft picks next year.

Keep him and a few other guys and keep building.

Back