2025 Recruiting Thread

Now that NIL is a thing, Kelvin Sampson is killing it at Houston. It’s too bad we get the Kelvin Sampson that gets popped for text messages and Houston gets the Sampson that can buy players.

OU basketball has been cursed since April 4, 1988.

Now that NIL is a thing, Kelvin Sampson is killing it at Houston. It’s too bad we get the Kelvin Sampson that gets popped for text messages and Houston gets the Sampson that can buy players.

OU basketball has been cursed since April 4, 1988.
Kelvin Sampson has been killing it for about 30 years. He turned one of the worst programs in the country around and had them in the FF within about 7 years, all before NIL. Some coaches win no matter what external factors are in play.

Kelvin Sampson has been killing it for about 30 years. He turned one of the worst programs in the country around and had them in the FF within about 7 years, all before NIL. Some coaches win no matter what external factors are in play.
Yeah, he’s a great coach. There’s a difference between being good and making the tourney and winning it all. Now, with NIL he’s recruiting better then ever and may have a chance to win a title.

I could say the sky is blue and you would argue with me.

Yeah, he’s a great coach. There’s a difference between being good and making the tourney and winning it all. Now, with NIL he’s recruiting better then ever and may have a chance to win a title.

I could say the sky is blue and you would argue with me.
I just have no idea what your post meant. He’s been one of the three or four best coaches in America for decades and has had title quality teams a handful of times.

I just have no idea what your post meant. He’s been one of the three or four best coaches in America for decades and has had title quality teams a handful of times.

Sampson wasn’t a top 3-4 coach while he was at ou/iu. Coach K, Bill Self, Jay wright, Izzo, roy Williams, calhoun, beiheim et al were all better off the top of my head.

He got better when he went to the nba and learned more about offense. I can agree he is a top 5 coach now, though.

That’s because you’re obtuse.

Yes, Sampson has been a great coach that’s NEVER had a great team. His teams were always 1-2 players short. He did more with less. Now, with NIL, he’s getting better players and more of them to fill those gaps. He has a better chance to win a national title than he ever has and NIL is a big part of that.

I was lamenting the fact that had Sampson been able to use NIL at OU, then we would’ve had a chance to win it all. You don’t understand my post because you don’t want to understand it. You spend most of your time trying hard to be an asshole about everything.

Sampson wasn’t a top 3-4 coach while he was at ou/iu. Coach K, Bill Self, Jay wright, Izzo, roy Williams, calhoun, beiheim et al were all better off the top of my head.

He got better when he went to the nba and learned more about offense. I can agree he is a top 5 coach now, though.
The NBA definitely helped him, but I wouldn't put some of those guys ahead of him even 20 years ago from a pure coaching standpoint. If all those coaches had equal talent on their rosters, I don't think many people would rather have Roy or Boeheim on the sideline. But either way, to your point -- I agree he has improved, in large part due to his NBA time. I just don't feel like NIL is a big factor. He had Houston as an annual contender before that even happened.

That’s because you’re obtuse.

Yes, Sampson has been a great coach that’s NEVER had a great team. His teams were always 1-2 players short. He did more with less. Now, with NIL, he’s getting better players and more of them to fill those gaps. He has a better chance to win a national title than he ever has and NIL is a big part of that.

I was lamenting the fact that had Sampson been able to use NIL at OU, then we would’ve had a chance to win it all. You don’t understand my post because you don’t want to understand it. You spend most of your time trying hard to be an asshole about everything.
In 2002, we were absolutely great. Undoubtedly one of the 3 best teams in America. Play that FF 100 times with all teams healthy, and OU, KU, and Maryland all probably end up winning about the same amount.

Also, super cool to call someone an asshole just because they don't agree with you.

In 2002, we were absolutely great. Undoubtedly one of the 3 best teams in America. Play that FF 100 times with all teams healthy, and OU, KU, and Maryland all probably end up winning about the same amount.

Also, super cool to call someone an asshole just because they don't agree with you.
with all teams healthy I think OU wins the FF the most out of the 3 ..

Boulder, how many of the 6 schollies do you think Coash will use on high school kids versus new portal guys? BTW, what do I know, but the 7 foot kid looks pretty good on film. What is your take on him?

Back