2025 Recruiting Thread

Not sure which thread to put this in, but noticed that Lusk just released a column that he hyped up as being full of info about how things look this summer. Did anyone get a chance to read it? I'm sure it is just a lot of talk about how great we will be and how we will surprise people, but on the off chance there is any real insight, I thought someone may be able to post a quick summary.
Forsythe is playing well in practice, will push for minutes.

Atak needs a redshirt year.

Kobe Elvis is a starter, maybe best player on the team.

The 3 spot will be up for grabs, a lot of guys vying for it right now.

Projected starting 5 as of now

Fears
Elvis
Taylor
Moore
Godwin

Fears
Elvis
Taylor
Moore
Godwin
Thank you for posting this. I wish the news was better. If the guy who was widely considered to be our most impactful transfer isn't even good enough to crack the starting lineup, that's very discouraging, as is the fact that two of three freshmen sound like nonfactors (I trust the reports on Forsythe about as much as I trusted the reports last summer and fall that Luke was balling out and would be a big contributor).

I have no idea what to make of Taylor. Put up some good numbers in a good league while playing for a really bad team, but then failed to do much of anything last season playing for a borderline tournament team in a better basketball league. Our best bet might be for him to be this year's version of Soares or Moore, but it is hard to believe Pitino wouldn't have gotten that out of him if he has that potential.

Thank god you got the info, otherwise you couldn't have properly crapped on anyone today.
And what news could you have received that would be satisfactory to you?
That Miles was living to expectations and that it didn’t look like we would again be redshirting someone in an era where redshirts make zero sense, especially for a lame duck coach.

Fears
Elvis
Taylor
Moore
Godwin
If Elvis is the best player on the team then I think that is an issue.

That Miles was living to expectations and that it didn’t look like we would again be redshirting someone in an era where redshirts make zero sense, especially for a lame duck coach.
I think I remember people talking about how OU out bid some other teams for Miles. If he can’t crack the top five then that is a problem.

This would be OU’s luck. Finally pony up some big money for a player and he doesn’t even start 😂

I think I remember people talking about how OU out bid some other teams for Miles. If he can’t crack the top five then that is a problem.

This would be OU’s luck. Finally pony up some big money for a player and he doesn’t even start 😂
The national reviews on him were ok but definitely not great. Perhaps those horrible writers and idiots at publications like The Athletic aren’t as dumb as some on this board suggest.

But even though the reports on him were lukewarm, he was supposed to be the best of our lot. So it’s definitely concerning if Luke ends up being right for a change.

The national reviews on him were ok but definitely not great. Perhaps those horrible writers and idiots at publications like The Athletic aren’t as dumb as some on this board suggest.

But even though the reports on him were lukewarm, he was supposed to be the best of our lot. So it’s definitely concerning if Luke ends up being right for a change.
You left for a few days after we got some solid commits. Things were awfully nice.

Weird coincidence

Fears
Elvis
Taylor
Moore
Godwin
Fears
Miles
Elvis/jones
Moore
Godwin

I like jones 3-d. We’ll
See if Taylor is St Johns or osu Taylor.

If Elvis is the best player on the team then I think that is an issue.
The same could have been said last year about Soares.

I guess it is out of the realm of possibility that PM knows how to spot diamonds In the rough

It’s one practice report by someone that nobody bits a lot of stock into. Getting worked up over this is finny

Or the rest of the roster is better than anticipated.

Nah that is too positive

You left for a few days after we got some solid commits. Things were awfully nice.

Weird coincidence
I posted several times in the first day or two after Fears committed, but I know the truth is irrelevant for people like you. As for Taylor, gee, yes, I was scared to post after we landed a guy who averaged 4 ppg last season. And forgive me for not discussing a guy who will likely be playing minor league baseball in 12 months rather than coming to Norman to play for our new coach.

I said it after last season and it remains true. There is nothing Moser could do in the offseason that would make me feel any better about the state of things. You could swap our roster with KU’s and I would still expect him to coach us out of the tournament. Unless and until he wins games, nothing else matters. The crappy portal season is just the latest bad news.

Fears
Elvis
Taylor
Moore
Godwin
Elvis is the big surprise here to the board. (Coaching staff gave us the signs that was not the case though. Reports saying they loved Elvis as a primary get.)

Moore/Godwin were not losing the starting spots.
Fears was promised playing time, most likely starting time...so not a surprise either.
Taylor was a starter at St John's workhorse of a coach, so this makes sense. You could flip Jones and him and be about the same.

Elvis is the one that is eye-opening. Considering, as WS said, Miles was a favorite incoming project. Either he is struggling with the SEC work, more physical play than High Point saw, or that Elvis has more time, started at Dayton, and gets the system better.

As an Elvis doubter, this is a bit concerning. Nothing in his tape or play wow'd me and even Dayton fans were meh on him.

If he is just outplaying and outproducing Miles, that can't be a bad thing if Miles really is a solid player. (Trying to inject hopium, but man it sure doesn't hit like it used to) I would rather players play up and above expectations then relying on hype to take us to the dance.

My favorite tidbit? Dayton getting some run will upset some of the haters on here as well.

Yup. Then 🤡 showed back up spouting off again. If I had to live in Wichita I’d be sour too.
I hope you’re making sure to go to bed earlier these days. School starts soon and your homeroom teacher needs you to rested so you don’t get cranky after recess.

I think they may be saying redshirt loosely in the sense that they aren't expected to contribute and as a school we shouldn't really care if they save a year or not because 90% of players won't stay 5 years with us.

but it is probably worthwhile to get players that are developmental enough that we don't have to replace 15 guys every year And have some sort of a fallback/foundation of players. But yeah, porter needs every dude to be trying to be a possible starter to survive this year

Last edited:

Could be just a crazy deal where everyone else was surprisingly better. :D

There are 9 SRs.. Should be the most hunger on an OU team ever imo bc 9 college careers are ending one way or another..

If Miles does indeed end up coming off the bench (I personally think he starts), then our guards are pretty salty. If Jones ends up coming off the bench, then we are strong at the wing as well. We all know what Moore gives us...so hopefully we get enough production from the 5 spot. If Wague can give us 15-20 min w/o fouling out, then this team has some decent potential.

I haven't seen film on most of the transfers. I have seen some film on Elvis, Jones and Wague. And, I have seen some film on Dayton F and Fears. So, I just don't have enough information to guess at a starting lineup. I really think Moore is good and can really be good, so I would be shocked if he doesn't start. To assist him make it in the NBA, I would guess we promised him he could work on the perimeter (where he will have to play in the NBA). For that reason, I will be a little surprised if he plays the four position. If he doesn't play the 4, then I would imagine we would play either Cole or Taylor at the 4. From the little I have watched, I think Kobe Elvis looks like a good point and so I would imagine he starts there and Dayton F backs him up. Presumably Godwin starts at center, but I think Wague plays closes to half of the time. He looks a lot better film than his stats would suggest he is, at least to me. Luke will get some minutes at the 5 as well. I don't know about right off, but the fears kids looks unreal to me and I will be shocked if he isn't a starter at some point if not initially. Jones looks pretty good on film. But, I don't know how he compares with Miles or Goodine, so that will be interesting to watch.

I think we have a chance to be improved due to new players or returning players just improving some, at the point, center and whatever position Moore plays. I won't be surprised if Fears if the best player Moser has had at OU. So, I won't be surprised if we are a little better overall.

Back