2025 Recruiting Thread

He'll play, obviously. Too good not to.

You basically have a 5 guard rotation at the 1/2.

Duke Miles
Kobe Elvis
Brycen Goodine
Jeremiah Fears
Dayton Forsythe

There will be different variations, of course. May see three smaller guards at times. Could see Jadon Jones or Jeff Nwankwo play some "2". It'll be interesting to see. I don't see Fears propelling OU that much further up the SEC standings but considering where this roster is, Fears will clearly help (unless something crazy happens).

About 2 hours until announcement.
I’d guess Forsythe will be a nonfactor once conference play starts, if not before. We will likely have 8 or 9 guys getting meaningful conference minutes.

This sucks for Dayton but never know with injuries. Dayton will find a way to contribute something
If he is as good as some of you think, it shouldn’t matter. If he is what I think he is, he probably wouldn’t have played much even without Fears.

I’m just thrilled we signed someone with enough potential that it is on the front page of ESPN’s website.

Freshman minutes of some others:

Uzan - 28.6 MPG
Oweh - 13.2 MPG (17.1 in Big12 play)

How many freshman, in Moser's tenure, should have played more minutes? Cooper remains to be seen.

Also:
FearsStarNATLPGAZ
Industry4-star3452
On34-star5582
2474-star3873
ESPN4-star2471
Rivals4-star337N/A
UzanStarNATLPGAZ
Industry4-star86137
On33-star1432111
2474-star62125
ESPN4-star53101
Rivals4-star10623N/A
OwehStarNATLPGNJ
Industry4-star75122
On34-star101132
2474-star8692
ESPN4-star72202
Rivals4-star57N/AN/A

Really a much better prospect by every ranking standard.

Last edited:
Freshman minutes of some others:

Uzan - 28.6 MPG
Oweh - 13.2 MPG (17.1 in Big12 play)

How many freshman, in Moser's tenure, should have played more minutes? Cooper remains to be seen.

Also:
FearsStarNATLPGAZ
Industry4-star3452
On34-star5582
2474-star3873
ESPN4-star2471
Rivals4-star337N/A
UzanStarNATLPGAZ
Industry4-star86137
On33-star1432111
2474-star62125
ESPN4-star53101
Rivals4-star10623N/A
OwehStarNATLPGNJ
Industry4-star75122
On34-star101132
2474-star8692
ESPN4-star72202
Rivals4-star57N/AN/A

Really a much better prospect by every ranking standard.
I’d argue Oweh shouldn’t have been buried on the bench till late January/early Feb. in a season where we were terrible and had total stiffs playing in front of him. And Cooper was pretty highly rated … maybe higher than Los and Oweh.

lol at those fretting early on in the portal.
Until Fears, I think it was reasonable for most to be upset with the way we handled the portal up until...the last few weeks when rumors of getting another came in.

As a Moser supporter for his tenure here, they dropped the ball with the portal early on and also didn't address our biggest need while forgoing the backup PG spot, at the time.

Still need to see how these guys fair in a new system, farther travel for away games, and a brand new backcourt. If Miles and Fears live up to the hype, we can be very good. I am still not sold on Elvis, Goodine will have to maintain his %s against much tougher defenses, and Godwin...ugh, our backup situation doesn't look good. I bet we see a lot of small Moore at the center, unless Luke/Wague make a big leap (unlikely). Just such a huge hole left at the 5 spot. That will hurt us in close games + foul trouble.

Miles/Fears/Forsythe
Elvis/Goodine
Jones/Nwanwko/Cole
Moore/Luke/Atak
Godwin/Wague

If Nwankwo could also be a wild card for us (y). Forsythe and Atak will probably be bench bodies.

Last edited:
Until Fears, I think it was reasonable for most to be upset with the way we handled the portal up until...the last few weeks when rumors of getting another came in.

As a Moser supporter for his tenure here, they dropped the ball with the portal early on and also didn't address our biggest need while forgoing the backup PG spot, at the time.

Still need to see how these guys fair in a new system, farther travel for away games, and a brand new backcourt. If Miles and Fears live up to the hype, we can be very good. I am still not sold on Elvis, Goodine will have to maintain his %s against much tougher defenses, and Godwin...ugh, our backup situation doesn't look good. I bet we see a lot of small Moore at the center, unless Luke/Wague make a big leap (unlikely). Just such a huge hole left at the 5 spot. That will hurt us in close games + foul trouble.

Miles/Fears/Forsythe
Elvis/Goodine
Jones/Nwanwko
Moore/Luke/Atak
Godwin/Wague

If Nwankwo could also be a wild card for us. Forsythe and Atak will probably be bench bodies.
Exactly.

Pedulla + Garrison + some added pieces like Goodine, Jones, and Fears would have been closer to the top half of the SEC (or solidly in the top half, haven't hypothesized totally).

Adding Fears is awesome but is the roster still great? Not really. As you stated, OU still lacks a decent post/big lineup...unless some major improvements are made (guys develop a lot this offseason).

For that reason, I'd look into this kid...who's potentially reclassifying. Would they likely land him? Probably not but try.

I like Parker. He has solid long-term potential but not sure he'll help much right away....for a coach on the hot seat. Sort of the same thing for Taylor.....not really what OU needs but I'd obviously take either of them over Moser/Lovelace (no offense to them).

Last edited:
First, that’s not what you said. You said he is already a better shooter. Second, I guess we already have another NBA prediction for one of our players. This may be the quickest yet, and it’s for a guy I’m guessing you’d never heard of a month ago, let alone seen play. I’ll be thrilled if we sign him, but I will never understand the rush to make these predictions. He was rated in the 30s for the class of 2025. That is very good, but certainly no guarantee he is a longtime pro.
Be quiet. Your hoops knowledge is a joke. 🤡

Si, whats the story here? Who recruited him? Baseball or bball? This seemed to come out of left field. Does he have any connections to the staff?

Si, whats the story here? Who recruited him? Baseball or bball? This seemed to come out of left field. Does he have any connections to the staff?
I believe Clayton Custer was the one most involved from the basketball side, but I’m sure they had plenty of help from the baseball program.

If he's drafted as high as he's predicted to we probably won't see him though. But it's still a year away.

Back