#24 OU vs #11 KU Big12 Tourney 530CST on ESPN

It's been a weird season. I thought Gibson would be better. His numbers aren't terrible, but I thought he'd be a top 2 scorer on the team pretty easily. His shooting (outside of from 3) has been terrible. Harmon took a bigger jump than I was expecting in year 2. Reaves has the counting stats, obviously, but his offense has been terribly inefficient. Harkless is super raw on offense, but looks a lot like Marcus Smart in the rest of his game. And Williams, I expected way more from him as well.

Some nights its the offense, and some nights its the defense. This team has shown they can win games in a variety of ways, but they've also shown that they can lose in a variety of ways.

It's pretty much feast or famine with Gibson. He attempts to drive to the basket, but frequently gets turned away and he shows he's not willing to shoot from intermediate range.

I thought Gibson did really well... They don't seem to do a whole lot to specifically get him open looks. He just kind of takes what the defense gives when they collapse on Reaves/Manek or its on the break.

I thought Gibson did really well... They don't seem to do a whole lot to specifically get him open looks. He just kind of takes what the defense gives when they collapse on Reaves/Manek or its on the break.

He went scoreless, and yeah a lot of that is on his teammates, but we can't afford goose eggs from him and minimal scoring from Harmon, along with terrible play from Kur and Williams. The only guy I would say that played well is Harkless.

Edited to add: Manek played pretty well too he's just woefully out of position.

He went scoreless, and yeah a lot of that is on his teammates, but we can't afford goose eggs from him and minimal scoring from Harmon, along with terrible play from Kur and Williams. The only guy I would say that played well is Harkless.

Edited to add: Manek played pretty well too he's just woefully out of position.

I meant on the season.

I think most of us expected more from him before the season though, right? Maybe that was unfair, and maybe some of him not doing more was b/c Harmon took a big step forward, but I expected more from him. Could be the way he was used too. That is probably a valid argument.

Back