#24 OU vs #11 KU Big12 Tourney 530CST on ESPN

Was incredible to watch harkless tonight. That guy hates to lose you can tell. I love players like that.

His mother would have been wise to invest in Johnson & Johnson (think band aids).

Lol... go watch replay. Hit ball first. But you do you

C’mon man... reaves is the biggest flopper in the league. He fell because he was leaning into the other defender, when Garrett hit the ball that pulled reaves arm back.

Disagree. The ku player hacked him on the arm. The contact on the arm caused the turnover. That’s a foul every time. It was a bad call. It sealed the game. It was not the reason we lost. We lost because we play stupid and out of control for most of the game. We lost because we didn’t show up at all in the first half. We lost because we beat ourselves for half the game and that’s too much to overcome to beat good teams.

We are not a smart team. We are not a skilled team. We are 15-10, soon to be 15-11. East Dakota is gonna kick our asses next week.

It was by design IMO. Straight out of timeout when we were down 3 or 5 we designed play to get reaves the ball in iso. Then did that multiple other times.

That particular play call resulted in a wide open two footer against a smaller defender. I don’t think you can design a better play. After that, I don’t think any of them were called plays. Reaves gets so much crap on here when it isn’t warranted, and when he does play well, we have fools (not you, TINY) who discount it because the opponent wasn’t good enough for their liking. But tonight, he absolutely deserves criticism for his play the last four minutes. He predetermined that he was going to shoot come hell or high water, and there was no need for that since the team has been moving the ball and shooting the lights out in the second half.

Disagree. The ku player hacked him on the arm. The contact on the arm caused the turnover. That’s a foul every time. It was a bad call. It sealed the game. It was not the reason we lost. We lost because we play stupid and out of control for most of the game. We lost because we didn’t show up at all in the first half. We lost because we beat ourselves for half the game and that’s too much to overcome to beat good teams.

We are not a smart team. We are not a skilled team. We are 15-10, soon to be 15-11. East Dakota is gonna kick our asses next week.

Well you should be happy since you guaranteed a loss to ISU a few days ago, so it’s all gravy.

Our horrendous first half was inexcusable, but the officials gave KU the game in the second half. That uncalled charge under the basket that sent Brady to the floor and the clean steal that followed it were two homer calls on one play. On Reaves' missed three before the drive on which got fouled and lost the ball out of bounds, he was fouled -- should have been three shots. And on that drive, he was clearly fouled. In fact, he was fouled by two different players.

We should never have been so far behind, but we did our part to get back in the game. As long as the Big 12 allows officials to so blatantly favor KU, it'll be a black mark on the conference.

We scored 47 points in the second. With reasonable officiating, we have every chance to win that game. And in case anyone's inclined to think, there goes skyvue, complaining about the officiating again, check in with Toby Rowland. He's going off on the officiating right now.

Brady was in the circle just fyi. But yeah, it was a clean steal regardless

Man. That stretch of lazy defense by Alondes on Agbaji was so critical. We finally took him out and Harmon closed him out to stop a 3, and then got a steal on the same back cut that Williams got absolutely roasted on.

Really bad by Kruger to leave him in there as long as he did. Kept us at arms length while everyone but him was locked in.

Well you should be happy since you guaranteed a loss to ISU a few days ago, so it’s all gravy.

Didn’t guarantee, just said it was possible, which is true. You must be tired running around defending this crap every day. I did say 14-11. I missed it by 1 game. They’ll be 15-11 when East Dakota whips their ass next week

Now just wait for ncaa.

Boomer

Yup...I just hope we haven't slipped to the 8/9 game.

I was a little frustrated in the first half, but I didn't get too upset. I thought the team fought hard in the second half, they are just extremely limited and have little margin for error. I said my peace regarding the state of the program at the end of yesterday's game thread. I didn't expect us to win this game....McCormack or not. We will still have a decent chance to win our opening round game next week and that's about it......we are who we are.

Not to be Johnny rain cloud.... I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in that 47-point second half.. that had a lot more to do with Kansas having a 25-point lead then anything else... It's very hard to play with a huge lead and come backs are not entirely uncommon.

Didn’t guarantee, just said it was possible, which is true. You must be tired running around defending this crap every day. I did say 14-11. I missed it by 1 game. They’ll be 15-11 when East Dakota whips their ass next week

When you predicted that we would end the season 14-11, you were obviously predicting/guaranteeing that we would lose yesterday. You were wrong, just own it buddy.

Totally different but that’s your take on it. He didn’t take him out

It doesn’t matter. He fouled him after catching some ball first. And it was clear while watching at full speed. You can see Reaves unable to lift his arm.

I am not saying it cost us the game. It didn’t. But we had no hope of getting back into it if they let things like that go which makes it more frustrating. But it was our own fault for being in that position because missed calls are part of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter. He fouled him after catching some ball first. And it was clear while watching at full speed. You can see Reaves unable to lift his arm.

I am not saying it cost us the game. It didn’t. But we had no hope of getting back into it if they let things like that go which makes it more frustrating. But it was our own fault for being in that position because missed calls are part of the game.

I’ll agree to disagree. I watched it 4 times. The MAIN reason reaves couldn’t lift his arm was because of Garrett’s hand on the ball at the beginning.

Mute point, game over.

We are all Sooner fans. Refs blow calls all the time. Reaves pushes off a lot and rarely gets called.

I cheer for OU. Regardless of who is wearing the uniform.

I’ll agree to disagree. I watched it 4 times. The MAIN reason reaves couldn’t lift his arm was because of Garrett’s hand on the ball at the beginning.

Mute point, game over.

We are all Sooner fans. Refs blow calls all the time. Reaves pushes off a lot and rarely gets called.

I cheer for OU. Regardless of who is wearing the uniform.

Ok

When you predicted that we would end the season 14-11, you were obviously predicting/guaranteeing that we would lose yesterday. You were wrong, just own it buddy.

K. I’ll own it.

Lon is paid top 15 salary for top 50 results. Bad investment. All we have to do is finish top 7 in a 10 team league to make the tourney. We can get that with a first time coach. We’d be better off hiring a first time coach at a discount and using the difference to fund other programs. The basketball program isn’t trying to win a championship, so fund programs that do attempt to win championships.

Its hard to play with a 25 point lead.... You check out of the game. See it all the time.

The same is true for the team leading as well.

Edit: I see that you said this as well in another post.

Last edited:
If I read the box score correctly we had 1 more assist then KU.

K. I’ll own it.

Lon is paid top 15 salary for top 50 results. Bad investment. All we have to do is finish top 7 in a 10 team league to make the tourney. We can get that with a first time coach. We’d be better off hiring a first time coach at a discount and using the difference to fund other programs. The basketball program isn’t trying to win a championship, so fund programs that do attempt to win championships.

He has provided top 25 results at worst since he’s come here. Also this is 1 of 2 programs that makes money (maybe softball pays for itself now but doubt it) but it doesn’t make enough cuz of the fans. It takes the fanbase to fund a championship. Until the fans pony up and show up we won’t ever win a natty.

Last edited:
Program objectives....

Finish top 4 in the league
Competitive for regular season crown
Competitive for conference tournament crown
Defeat rivals
Make NCAA tournament
Make run in ncaa tournament

Back