#24 OU vs #11 KU Big12 Tourney 530CST on ESPN

I would be looking to transfer if I was on this team. It reminds me of the Tre Young nosedive where he wanted to do it all at the end of the season.

At least they are showing some fight.....have to give them credit for that after rolling over like a $2 hooker in the first half.

We dont.. that has to be given every half (or more accurately, that first half is unacceptable to any team)

Reaves definitely doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, some of those were fouls. But he went hero ball way too much down the stretch trying to draw fouls instead of worrying about taking the shot or just getting his teammates involved.

If only this team were coached well and not stupid and giving up tons of TOs and soft put backs every game..

Reeves giveth and Reeves taketh away. Brutal down the stretch after Harkless made this a 3 pt game. Woulda been nice if the refs gave OU one of the calls also.

Missed Jumper
Offensive Foul
1/2 FT
Missed 3
Offensive Foul
Missed 3

I don’t understand why the game plan went to reaves iso. We had made up all those points by playing great team ball.

Probably because Reaves just did it on his own. Nobody is surprised.

Reaves does not make winning plays down the stretch. He’s a “me” guy and always has been.

If only this team were coached well and not stupid and giving up tons of TOs and soft put backs every game..

OU would’ve had a chance to win, if not for the 10,000 self inflicted wounds. This team is their own worst enemy most of the time.

Soft fouls giving up 3 point plays. Stupid unforced turnovers. Terrible shot selection. 4 guys standing around watching Reaves for the last 2 minutes of every game.

I agree. They are a low IQ basketball team and it’s incredibly frustrating to watch. And embarrassing.

OU would’ve had a chance to win, if not for the 10,000 self inflicted wounds. This team is their own worst enemy most of the time.

Soft fouls giving up 3 point plays. Stupid unforced turnovers. Terrible shot selection. 4 guys standing around watching Reaves for the last 2 minutes of every game.

I agree. They are a low IQ basketball team and it’s incredibly frustrating to watch. And embarrassing.

Poor to no coaching.

Our horrendous first half was inexcusable, but the officials gave KU the game in the second half. That uncalled charge under the basket that sent Brady to the floor and the clean steal that followed it were two homer calls on one play. On Reaves' missed three before the drive on which got fouled and lost the ball out of bounds, he was fouled -- should have been three shots. And on that drive, he was clearly fouled. In fact, he was fouled by two different players.

We should never have been so far behind, but we did our part to get back in the game. As long as the Big 12 allows officials to so blatantly favor KU, it'll be a black mark on the conference.

We scored 47 points in the second. With reasonable officiating, we have every chance to win that game. And in case anyone's inclined to think, there goes skyvue, complaining about the officiating again, check in with Toby Rowland. He's going off on the officiating right now.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think the #ReevesShow there at the end was Lon's idea? I just can't see something like that happening if it wasn't the plan. I don't get why that would've been the plan but no other explanation makes sense here.

Back