6'7'' 215 juco small forward claiming OU offer

And if you combine that lineup you predicted with what we have coming back for the 2010-11 season we have this down low.
Orlando Allen
Drew Fitzgerald
Kyle Hadrick

Yea he needs to recruit another big guy then...

Again, to reiterate what ABD said, that is not the LINEUP.....that was the 2010 recruiting class.
Worst projected recruitng class? Jeez, there's two possible MCDAA's in that class.

No kidding, lol.

A class with some guy named Kendall durant and Olukemi with no post players wouldn't be.

Dirty,

OU might sign 6 guys... I said Kendall Durant (who will be a major player out of juco) as an example, because I would like to see OU sign a really good juco point guard to bring some stability to the position

Kendall Durant- Point Guard to compete with TMG
JP Olukemi- 3/4 guy who Capel has already offered
Cameron Clark- small forward, Mcdonalds All-American
TJ Taylor- Already signed up...
Some other power forward or center

That would be 2 guys that can play in the post that would be added to Fitz, Hardrick, and Orlando.. a backup point guard (which OU needs), and the two perimeter guys in Clark and Taylor.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Who said we would get that class, jayhawk? That would be one of the top classes in the land. A class with some guy named Kendall durant and Olukemi with no post players wouldn't be. Are we going to go into 2010 with Orlando Allen and Andrew Fitzgerald as our only post players? That's why the original guy posted the omission. Us lowly OU fans are a little more astute than you would like to give them credit for being.

You said any class without two post players is a failure. I gave you an example of a class of guys OU is very much involved in that would be a huge success and only has one big. And the odds are Tiny returns but if he didn't then Capel would have another schollie to get a big.
And comments like "Jayhawk" and "lowly OU fans" business is both childish and petty. Makes you look silly.

You said any class without two post players is a failure. I gave you an example of a class of guys OU is very much involved in that would be a huge success and only has one big. And the odds are Tiny returns but if he didn't then Capel would have another schollie to get a big.
And comments like "Jayhawk" and "lowly OU fans" business is both childish and petty. Makes you look silly.

A class without two bigs would be a failure, because we would have no depth. Like my man mentioned, we're not trying to be Okie State playing 5 guards. Why don't you let us OU fans hash this out amongst ourselves without you imposing you pseudobasketball intellect.

A class without two bigs would be a failure, because we would have no depth. Like my man mentioned, we're not trying to be Okie State playing 5 guards. Why don't you let us OU fans hash this out amongst ourselves without you imposing you pseudobasketball intellect.
Dirty,

OU might sign 6 guys... I said Kendall Durant (who will be a major player out of juco) as an example, because I would like to see OU sign a really good juco point guard to bring some stability to the position

Kendall Durant- Point Guard to compete with TMG
JP Olukemi- 3/4 guy who Capel has already offered
Cameron Clark- small forward, Mcdonalds All-American
TJ Taylor- Already signed up...
Some other power forward or center

That would be 2 guys that can play in the post that would be added to Fitz, Hardrick, and Orlando.. a backup point guard (which OU needs), and the two perimeter guys in Clark and Taylor.

You're original post gave OU a class of Doron Lamb, TJ, Cam, Okulemi, and KENDALL DURANT!!!!! No one on this board has even heard of that name until you brought it up. It's kind of self deprivating when you give us a class with two Juco unknowns when OU is in on 20 of the top 150 kids nationally. That list include Barnes, Cory Joesph, Clark, Lamb, Cobbins, T. Jones, Washburn, Pressey, Jerai Grant, JJ Moore, Ricky Scott, Alex Kirk, Tobias Harris, James Johnson, Trevor Releford, Gary Franklin, and Anthony Brown. Realsistically we're not going to get a few of those guys who have long lists, but in the case of Jones, Grant, Harris, Johnson, Releford, Lamb, and Cobbins, they might be lining up visits to Norman. But no, we get Kendall Durant who's list compiles of Akron, Penn State, and Of course Colorado and Tulsa. In Okulemi's case, obiviously the coaches have saw something in him they like, but I would rather have guys like Lamb, Clark, and Grant, guys who will give you four years of production and aren't the grade risk. In Lamb and Grant's case, they are playing on better teams and against better competition than Okulemi anyways. Ricky Scott just narrowed his list to OU, Marquette, and some other school. That means he's probably going to OU. To be the backup PG.

You're original post gave OU a class of Doron Lamb, TJ, Cam, Okulemi, and KENDALL DURANT!!!!!

Thats 5 guys, OU might sign 6. OU will need two post guys if Gallon goes after year one, so the class would change.

No one on this board has even heard of that name until you brought it up.

I have said 2 or 3 times now that he is just an example of the type of juco point guard that OU could go after for that position. Keep up...

It's kind of self deprivating when you give us a class with two Juco unknowns when OU is in on 20 of the top 150 kids nationally.

OU will do well to sign 1 or 2 of the top targets.

Realsistically we're not going to get a few of those guys who have long lists

Not get a few of them?

You literally listed 17 guys, lol... Like I said, OU will sign one of those top targets, maybe two. That leaves 3 scholarships left.

But no, we get Kendall Durant who's list compiles of Akron, Penn State, and Of course Colorado and Tulsa.

Again, he is an example of the type of juco who could help the team out at point guard. Ya know, OU will only have 1 point guard on roster and he will be a sophomore.

Why would you rip on a juco guy who was going to Virginia Tech out of high school but didnt qualify? He already has offers from Virginia Tech (ACC), South Carolina (SEC), Colorado (Big 12), Penn State (Big 10), Virginia Commonwealth, and Tulsa... Thats an impressive offer list this early for a juco player.

In Okulemi's case, obiviously the coaches have saw something in him they like, but I would rather have guys like Lamb, Clark, and Grant, guys who will give you four years of production and aren't the grade risk.

Well you can take that up with Jeff Capel, he is the one who offered him, not me.

Ricky Scott just narrowed his list to OU, Marquette, and some other school. That means he's probably going to OU. To be the backup PG.

Of course, he is going to take all 5 visits to some great basketball schools and that means he is PROBABLY going to OU, lol...And that would be great.

He is still going to visit Arkansas (the only visit he has set up right now), Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Marquette. I wouldnt count any of those teams out, and the roster situations are favorable at Missouri, Texas Tech, and Arkansas.

It's kind of self deprivating when you give us a class with two Juco unknowns when OU is in on 20 of the top 150 kids nationally.

Capel has offered one of those guys, so quit acting like I am not giving OU enough respect in recruiting.

Capel has offered one of those guys, so quit acting like I am not giving OU enough respect in recruiting.

He CLAIMS an OU offer. Big difference. It could be some sort of conditional type offer (or no real offer at all). If you think OU is only going to get 1 of the guys that we have been talking about over the past 3 months, then you ARE not giving Oklahoma enough respect in recruiting.

As of right now, Oklahoma could have Rickey Scott with an offer. The kid has said that as of two weeks ago. He loves OU and has been a fan since he was a little kid.

Now we may go ahead and have two JUCOs in the class. Who knows at this point.

Thats 5 guys, OU might sign 6. OU will need two post guys if Gallon goes after year one, so the class would change.

OU will sign a minimum of 5 guys and you compiled another horrible recruiting list the lacked one of the key components of the recruiting class. Typically when you do you analysis it never reflects what actually happening on the ground in recruiting but some fantasy class in your mind that often includes a guy OU is not interested in.

I have said 2 or 3 times now that he is just an example of the type of juco point guard that OU could go after for that position. Keep up...

OU has been all over PG possibilities all summer, you obviously haven't been following. From Jelani Hewitt, to Rickey Scott, to Trevor Releford, to Phil Pressey, and including TJ Taylor, OU has done well recruiting PGs. OU just recently made a cutdown list of Cory Joseph. They'll probably have two or three guys in for their camp on the 22nd. Instead, you project another one of your Juco fetishes. OU is not in the position where they were a few years ago when they had to take guys like Leary and Walker, guys who were of course, Juco All americans, who were basically flops. You

OU will do well to sign 1 or 2 of the top targets.

Not get a few of them?

You literally listed 17 guys, lol... Like I said, OU will sign one of those top targets, maybe two. That leaves 3 scholarships left

Yeah, I did name 17 guys and could have named 20. In the past we may have been in on about 6 or seven....LOL. What's really LOL is you think OU isn't capable of signing some of these guys. OU is in the top three on Johnson, Harris, Releford, Clark, Jones, Lamb, Scott, and Cobbins. Add to that, Jerai Grant is visiting OU. OU will sign atleast one of those post players, one of those wings and one of those combo guards. Do you think OU can't get alot of those guys? Everytime these guys are asked, they mention OU early and often. But you always seem to be ready to mark one of these guys off the list. When someone mentioned Jones not listing OU in one interview, you were more than anxious to mark him off the list. When the post came out about Cothron, you were anxious to mark him off of the recruiting list, so you can go explore JUCO Junction and plug in some JUCO prospect that you like. Fact is OU is at alot of these OU events and practically everyday we're hearing about someone new. JJ Moore of NY just recently came out with OU in his top 5. Who knew about this guy? Their's going to be a guy on the East coast that no one even knows about.

Again, he is an example of the type of juco who could help the team out at point guard. Ya know, OU will only have 1 point guard on roster and he will be a sophomore.

Why would you rip on a juco guy who was going to Virginia Tech out of high school but didnt qualify? He already has offers from Virginia Tech (ACC), South Carolina (SEC), Colorado (Big 12), Penn State (Big 10), Virginia Commonwealth, and Tulsa... Thats an impressive offer list this early for a juco player.

That offer list is garbage!!!!! One team has made the NCAA in the last three years out of that pathetic group of teams. I'd rather be recruiting against Marquette and Western Kentucky than those also rans. There isn't a conference in America that Colorado would have a chance of winning.

Well you can take that up with Jeff Capel, he is the one who offered him, not me.

Can't take it up with him because I don't have his cell number. Plus I'm not going to take anything up with this guy. He's the one who's orchestrating a philosophy that is weening us away from being juco dependent. He's already got us going head to head against KU, UK, Ariz, and many other solid programs. Here's a little story that some of you might not know. Roy Williams offered WW a spring scholarship with the anticipation that Ty Lawson would be going pro. He called him a week a before he committed to OU and WW told Williams thanks, but no thanks. When is the last time we had a coach that could beat UNC head to head on a player

Of course, he is going to take all 5 visits to some great basketball schools and that means he is PROBABLY going to OU, lol...And that would be great.

He is still going to visit Arkansas (the only visit he has set up right now), Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Marquette. I wouldnt count any of those teams out, and the roster situations are favorable at Missouri, Texas Tech, and Arkansas.

Are you serious? The kid begged for an OU offer. He came out and said OU was his dream school and said if OU offered they would be at the top of his list. Here is his exact quote: “I think Oklahoma is great,” said Scott. “I am looking at them real hard. They have not offered me yet, but they have told me that they are interested. Coach (Mark) Cline is recruiting me and he is a real good guy. If Oklahoma offers me, they will move up to the top of my list or around the top of my list." So now the kid gets an offer from OU and he's trimmed his list to OU, Arkansas, and Marquette. Only way he doesn't go to OU is if OU chooses someone else.

Sure Capel has offered one of those guys. Good chance Okulemi goes to OU. Fact is Okulemi is a wing and has played exclusively at the wing. I think most of us would want Lamb, Grant, Clark, or Washburn, not another two year chap shoot. OSU got two quality wings. OU is in alot better shape to outdo them in that category.

Last edited:
Are you serious? The kid begged for an OU offer. He came out and said OU was his dream school and said if OU offered they would be at the top of his list. Here is his exact quote: “I think Oklahoma is great,” said Scott. “I am looking at them real hard. They have not offered me yet, but they have told me that they are interested. Coach (Mark) Cline is recruiting me and he is a real good guy. If Oklahoma offers me, they will move up to the top of my list or around the top of my list." So now the kid gets an offer from OU and he's trimmed his list to OU, Arkansas, and Marquette. Only way he doesn't go to OU is if OU chooses someone else.

Scott said this about Arkansas today.. "They showed me a lot of love," Scott said. "I liked that about them. They showed me a lot of love. They put guards in the NBA, and I really like that. I like the (Bud Walton) Arena. They told me each game it's packed. I really like that."

His coach said this about Tech the other day... ""At this point, he's saying that he's taking all five visits. Texas Tech said that they're going to be one of the first ones but he has not up a date. The only date that's been set is with Arkansas, Sept 18-19."

He said this the other day as well before he want to the Arkansas camp... "I believe Marquette and Missouri for sure and Oklahoma."

His recruiting appears to be wide open to me. Again, I hope OU does get him. I would rather have 4 years of Rickey Scott than a good juco player, but he seems wide open right now.

That offer list is garbage!!!!! One team has made the NCAA in the last three years out of that pathetic group of teams. I'd rather be recruiting against Marquette and Western Kentucky than those also rans. There isn't a conference in America that Colorado would have a chance of winning.

Thats an impressive offer list this early for a juco player.. Juco players tend to get their big offers in the late period.

And this year Colorado got players over Arizona, Gonzaga, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Kansas State, Oregon State, Fresno State, and Washington State... So lets not act like Bzdelik isnt doing a good job in recruiting. They had an outstanding class for a team that went 1-15.

Yeah, I did name 17 guys and could have named 20. In the past we may have been in on about 6 or seven....LOL. What's really LOL is you think OU isn't capable of signing some of these guys.

I said OU will sign one or two of them. That leaves 3 more scholarships. If OU signs one or two of those guys it would be another top 10 class with another MCDAA. You really think OU is going to and 4 or 5 of those top 50 players?

Of course it looks overly promising now, because these guys are listing 5-10 schools and OU is one of them. Once they start taking visits and trimming lists OU will end up with one or two of them, and have 2 or 3 more scholarships to fill.

Typically when you do you analysis it never reflects what actually happening on the ground in recruiting but some fantasy class in your mind that often includes a guy OU is not interested in.

The juco point guard was an example, and I said that. I then reminded you last post that he was an example. Why are you hung up on this? Now I am saying again that he was just an example. I knew of the guy because Tulsa and Colorado were recruiting him, I didnt go searching around for a juco point guard at random.

Yeah, I did name 17 guys and could have named 20.

Yea, and at this point in the year most schools can name 20 guys that mention their school during an interview. Thats because most of these guys havent even taken visits yet and have no idea where they are going.

Can't take it up with him because I don't have his cell number. Plus I'm not going to take anything up with this guy.

Why not? He is actively recruiting two junior college players (Robert Goff who is supposed to visit in the fall) and JP Olukemi who we know he is contact with and offered. You are being a baby and making a huge deal about me listing jucos, but Capel is the one recruiting them.

jcapel@ou.edu

Let him know that you expect to sign 6 top 50 players because 20 guys are mentioned OU in interviews. Go ahead.

OU will sign a minimum of 5 guys and you compiled another horrible recruiting list the lacked one of the key components of the recruiting class. Typically when you do you analysis it never reflects what actually happening on the ground in recruiting but some fantasy class in your mind that often includes a guy OU is not interested in.

Since Durant was an example and have listed that a couple of times now, are you saying you would be upset if Capel signed a juco point guard, a juco wing, TJ Taylor, Cameron Clark, and two big guys with one of them being a player like Cobbins?

Last edited:
Scott said this about Arkansas today.. "They showed me a lot of love," Scott said. "I liked that about them. They showed me a lot of love. They put guards in the NBA, and I really like that. I like the (Bud Walton) Arena. They told me each game it's packed. I really like that."

His coach said this about Tech the other day... ""At this point, he's saying that he's taking all five visits. Texas Tech said that they're going to be one of the first ones but he has not up a date. The only date that's been set is with Arkansas, Sept 18-19."

He said this the other day as well before he want to the Arkansas camp... "I believe Marquette and Missouri for sure and Oklahoma."

His recruiting appears to be wide open to me. Again, I hope OU does get him. I would rather have 4 years of Rickey Scott than a good juco player, but he seems wide open right now.

What recruit doesnt seem to be wide open. If they weren't they would be committed. I find it encouraging the way he speaks of OU, and quite frankly, he probably is the backup plan for Pressey, McCallum and Releford.

Thats an impressive offer list this early for a juco player.. Juco players tend to get their big offers in the late period.

And this year Colorado got players over Arizona, Gonzaga, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Kansas State, Oregon State, Fresno State, and Washington State... So lets not act like Bzdelik isnt doing a good job in recruiting. They had an outstanding class for a team that went 1-15.

Are you serious. Colorado is ass garbage. I wouldn't trade anyone on OUs recruiting class for what they got coming in. OU should never be in the business of competing with such a lowly program like Colorado. If a guy is thinking about going to Colorado and OU offers him, it should be a no brainer. If a guy is thinking about Colorado and Texas Tech offers him, that's a no brainer. Matter of fact if I guy is thinking about going to Colorado and Tulsa offers him, THAT is a no brainer.

I
said OU will sign one or two of them. That leaves 3 more scholarships. If OU signs one or two of those guys it would be another top 10 class with another MCDAA. You really think OU is going to and 4 or 5 of those top 50 players?

Of course it looks overly promising now, because these guys are listing 5-10 schools and OU is one of them. Once they start taking visits and trimming lists OU will end up with one or two of them, and have 2 or 3 more scholarships to fill.

Do you even follow OU recruiting? On paper, OU's recruiting class has improved each year. Last year OU had it's best recruiting class on paper, maybe ever with 5 consensus top 150 guys. Now you're telling me off of an Elite Eight and having two players in the draft with the National POY going first overall that we should settle for two elite recruits and be lucky to get some Jucos? Brotha please.

The juco point guard was an example, and I said that. I then reminded you last post that he was an example. Why are you hung up on this? Now I am saying again that he was just an example. I knew of the guy because Tulsa and Colorado were recruiting him, I didnt go searching around for a juco point guard at random.

Yea, and at this point in the year most schools can name 20 guys that mention their school during an interview. Thats because most of these guys havent even taken visits yet and have no idea where they are going.

You really need to pay attention to this upcoming OU camp, because that's when they're going to try and close the deal on some of these guys and guy we probably have no Idea about.

Why not? He is actively recruiting two junior college players (Robert Goff who is supposed to visit in the fall) and JP Olukemi who we know he is contact with and offered. You are being a baby and making a huge deal about me listing jucos, but Capel is the one recruiting them.
jcapel@ou.eduLet him know that you expect to sign 6 top 50 players because 20 guys are mentioned OU in interviews. Go ahead.[/QUOTE]

I've Emailed numerous times before and dropped the dime about two players. He replied, and Guess What? They signed with OU. I saved the Emails and read them ever so often. Great coach and great person. He thanked me for the advice. I'm sure Coach Capel knows we can't buid this program through the Juco ranks. He also has the job of getting the best players available so I'll have to trust his judgment. I hope we don't get anymore off the court guys like Patillo and Cannon, and hope we get better talent than Leary if we do go the JUCO route. I'd prefer another class like last year.

[quote]Since Durant was an example and have listed that a couple of times now, are you saying you would be upset if Capel signed a juco point guard, a juco wing, TJ Taylor, Cameron Clark, and two big guys with one of them being a player like Cobbins?[/quote]

I would be thoroughly upset if we get a Juco PG. We need to stregnthen that position and we can't stengthen it through a two year guy who might be a crap shot. We need to get a guy who we can develop to back up TMG or replace TMG if his play is poor.

Last edited:
What recruit doesnt seem to be wide open. If they weren't they would be committed. I find it encouraging the way he speaks of OU, and quite frankly, he probably is the backup plan for Pressey, McCallum and Releford.

Im sure Mizzou, Arkansas, Marquette, and Texas Tech feel good about the way he speaks about their schools right now too...

Pressey is already off the list, OU didnt make his last cut. I also seriously doubt McCallum comes to OU either. Its Scott or Releford.

Now you're telling me off of an Elite Eight and having two players in the draft with the National POY going first overall that we should settle for two elite recruits and be lucky to get some Jucos? Brotha please.

Two elite recruits in one class is outstanding. Take three of the guys you are talking about and its a top 3 national class. Im not saying its impossible, but im not going to sit around thinking OU is going to sign 5 elite players every recruiting class, lol.

I'm sure Coach Capel knows we can't buid this program through the Juco ranks.

Nobody is asking him to, lol... He builds it with the best players he can get, and thanks to a brotherly and local connection he got Blake Griffin which also landed Willie Warren... The only reason we are discussing juco players is because he continues to offer them. If he didnt offer a juco player I wouldnt talk about them. See the title in the thread, we are talking about this because Capel offered him.

I dont think you are understanding this. Im not just like "hey, lets talk about jucos".. I talk about them when teams sign them, and when OU offers them. Then people like you get on here and blow up because we are talking about something Capel did, lol.

I'd prefer another class like last year.

Its really easy to love a class that you havent ever seen play. Right now, everyone in the country loves their recruiting class. Im sure this will end up being a great class, but if Tiny leaves after a year it turns into an average class. Everyone is signing guys the caliber of Fitz, Pledger, and Hardrick...

I've Emailed numerous times before and dropped the dime about two players. He replied, and Guess What? They signed with OU.

Im sure he already knew about them.

I would be thoroughly upset if we get a Juco PG.

What if he was good?

I agree with most of what abd just said....But I am with dm on the fact that I dont want to sign a juco pg..of course if he has raw talent then yes, but we have a solid pg for the next 4 years, yes we need depth but as of right now if we are going to sign a juco I would rather it be some type of post player...

But I believe we should focus our time on incoming freshman because as bigtime said the juco ranks are not what they use to be. But I am just happy about the fact that we are in on so many high caliber guys....Boy has things changed quickly with capel at the helm!

Im sure he already knew about them.

Actually he did, but wasn't recruiting the guy because it was put out that he wasn't interested in OU. I told him it wasn't true and Capel started recruiting him.

Actually he did, but wasn't recruiting the guy because it was put out that he wasn't interested in OU. I told him it wasn't true and Capel started recruiting him.

So you are the reason OU has two recruits? Wow.

Care to name them?

Chendog you bitter like NCHCBS about not signing those two also?

My guess it was Blake Griffin and Willie Warren.

I don't personally know Blake Griffin. And ABD is right, there is not much I can do to help a guy like Jeff Capel in recruiting. I'm just glad he responded to an average, run of the mill fan, in such a manner he has. Not to bash Kelvin, but I never got that vibe from him. And in all fairness Bill Self is the same way. When he recruited one of my teammates, he addressed the rest of the team as if we were just as important as the star player. That's why those guys have such success.

My concern with OU relying on the Juco ranks is that the Juco ranks are depleted, but at the same time, the best Juco leagues outside of Florida are in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. In the past that has been a plus, but I would rather get a four year guy who can contribute for 3 years than a 2 year guy who will take a year to develop. If you look at Leary and Walker, they didn't start playing their best ball till the last months of their career.

Last edited:
My concern with OU relying on the Juco ranks is that the Juco ranks are depleted, but at the same time, the best Juco leagues outside of Florida are in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. In the past that has been a plus, but I would rather get a four year guy who can contribute for 3 years than a 2 year guy who will take a year to develop. If you look at Leary and Walker, they didn't start playing their best ball till the last months of their career.

Nobody will complain if OU signs guys like JP Olukemi and Ricardo Ratliffe this year out of juco...

Back