6'7'' 215 juco small forward claiming OU offer

But if they turn out having years like Cannon, Wright, and Patillo........

Or what if some of the high scool guys turn out to be Tony Neysmith, Chris Early, Bobby Maze, Keith Clark (since you threw Pattillo in there), etc?

Those were juco busts... Capel has had some serious high school busts too. It has nothing to do with them being jucos, it has more to do with them not being the kind of jucos OU is used to recruiting.

Or what if some of the high scool guys turn out to be Tony Neysmith, Chris Early, Bobby Maze, Keith Clark (since you threw Pattillo in there), etc?

Those were juco busts... Capel has had some serious high school busts too. It has nothing to do with them being jucos, it has more to do with them not being the kind of jucos OU is used to recruiting.
That is the exact problem, the juco ranks isn't what it used to be. There is still some high level talent in the juco ranks, Pattilo is proof, but overall it is not there in the abundance it used to be. That is why some of us are not so fond at picking up juco players at the rate we used to. I really doubt if any team is going to be able to go to the final four like we did with what 5 juco contributors (Detrick, Ace, Ebi, Quannas, Selvy) a transfer center and only one main high school player. I really doubt that will ever be achieved again with the current state of jucos. I think the main argument some us are using against "your" jucos is you seem to want to build the team with them. For OU to be at the level so many us want/believe Capel can get them to, it just isn't possible by building through jucos right now.

Wright isn't a JUCO.

Patillo had the talent. Who knows about Cannon. Headcases can come from HS or JUCO though. Why use that as a reason not to recruit one?

That is the exact problem, the juco ranks isn't what it used to be. There is still some high level talent in the juco ranks, Pattilo is proof, but overall it is not there in the abundance it used to be. That is why some of us are not so fond at picking up juco players at the rate we used to. I really doubt if any team is going to be able to go to the final four like we did with what 5 juco contributors (Detrick, Ace, Ebi, Quannas, Selvy) a transfer center and only one main high school player. I really doubt that will ever be achieved again with the current state of jucos. I think the main argument some us are using against "your" jucos is you seem to want to build the team with them. For OU to be at the level so many us want/believe Capel can get them to, it just isn't possible by building through jucos right now.

I don't think anybody is saying we have to have THAT big of a JUCO influence. All I'm saying, and all I think some others are saying, is that you have to rate them alongside the HS kids. Go recruit HS kids A and B. If you miss out on them, and JUCO player A is better than HS kids C and D, why not recruit the JUCO kid at that point? Also, you have to use them as roster balancers. You can't have guys leaving early (for the NBA and transfers), and just keep signing HS kids. At some point, your entire roster is going to be frosh/sophs, you won't have any experience, etc. You have to maintain some semblance of roster balance, and JUCO's can help with that.

Wright isn't a JUCO.

Patillo had the talent. Who knows about Cannon. Headcases can come from HS or JUCO though. Why use that as a reason not to recruit one?

I meant to say Allen. You stated that headcases can come from both ranks, but more headcases don't end up getting eligible.

Back