***A new prospect emerging on Capel's radar***

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Henzo posted this in another thread, but I didn't want it to get buried and missed there so I'm reposting it here.

Oklahoma is very involved with Terrence Ross. I'm not sure how serious the interest is from Ross, at this point, but I know Oklahoma is very active in his recruiting process and he is definitely listening.

And to reiterate some previous comments, he has a strong relationship with Terrence Jones. I'm not extremely high on calling a pair of recruits a "package deal", because I've heard it many many times and it rarely happens -- but there's no doubt these two would love to play together.

OUHoops is trying to get in contact with him to see how serious his interest is in Oklahoma, but he's not an easy guy to get a hold of. Definitely a guy to keep on the recruiting radar, though.

For those who may not be familiar with Ross, he is a big-time 6-foot-5 wing player who is currently ranked 26th nationally by ESPN and 43rd by Rivals.

He just recently transferred from Montrose Christian School in Rockville, Maryland back to Jefferson High School Portland, Ore. where he teamed with OU recruit Terrence Jones to win an Oregon State title in 2008.

He committed to Maryland last summer, but has since de-committed and his new list is thought to include Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and possibly Maryland. But as Henzo has reported above, their now appears to be some interest in Oklahoma.

Here are some youtube video of Ross in action:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTqpwXliYgk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxnoIHQo5ek&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZGKlzRcmE&feature=related[/ame]

Re: A new prospect emerging on Capel's radar

TMG
Ross
Davis
Jones
N'Diaye

Bench: TJ, Cam, Pledger, Allen, JUCO big, Hardrick, Honore, ?????

Make if happen coach.

TMG
Ross
Davis
Jones
N'Diaye

Make if happen coach.
Agreed about Willis transfer. He's not a major D1 player.

N'Diaye, TJones and Ross would be a ferocious close to this class if Capel were to pull it off. My only concern is that if Ross is serious about OU, I hope Willie makes his decision quickly after the season and doesn't drag it out since I doubt he comes if Willie returns.

We really need to root for UK to have a great recruiting class. Hopefully Leslie, Knight, Selby, Smith, etc.

TMG
Ross
Davis
Jones
N'Diaye

Make if happen coach.
Where is Tiny going to go?

N'Diaye, TJones and Ross would be a ferocious close to this class if Capel were to pull it off. My only concern is that if Ross is serious about OU, I hope Willie makes his decision quickly after the season and doesn't drag it out since I doubt he comes if Willie returns.

With Clark and Taylor already in the fold, signing those three would give OU a another top ten recruiting class, maybe top five. Hopefully Henzo will be successful in contacting Ross before long, so we'll know if the interest is mutual?

I hope you aren't serious.

Yeah, me too. Tiny will be very important to OU's success next season, no matter who we sign in April.

i hope you aren't serious.

100%

We aren't good enough to have a "project" as our best post player. I don't care what his ceiling is. In my scenario above there is an open roster spot. Tiny can stay, but he fights for his minutes. I just don't think he'd want to do that with Jones, N'Diaye, and another JUCO big. If he does, he can stay.

I think this team could get better by addition by subtraction. You have to have a team. You have to have good attitudes. You have to have the right pieces.

Last edited:

Ya think he won't improve? Most sophs are usually better than freshman. I even think Blake improved a little.

I don't think chasing off a 6-10 McD AA is a reputation we want.

100%

We aren't good enough to have a "project" as our best post player. I don't care what his ceiling is. In my scenario above there is an open roster spot. Tiny can stay, but he fights for his minutes. I just don't think he'd want to do that with Jones, N'Diaye, and another JUCO big. If he does, he can stay.

I think this team could get better by addition by subtraction. You have to have a team. You have to have good attitudes. You have to have the right pieces.

Tiny made huge stride yesterday. Not so much for having a good game, but for not letting bad plays make him have a bad game. I'm ready to roll with him.

Tiny will start next year whether you like it or not. I think Terrence Jones is much more suited to play the 3 anyway.

It will either be Jones and Tiny or Tiny and N'Diaye. And if we get none of those guys it will be Tiny and somebody else. Book it.

The fact that you think otherwise is beyond strange.

Edit: I hope somebody saves your "prediction" just so we can all laugh about it next season....

Last edited:

100%

Get the hell out of here with that. That could be the dumbest thing i've ever heard on this board in a long time. N'Diaye hasn't proven a thing, theres a reason he's at a juco, just like Orlando, Juan, and Kyle before him. Jones isn't really your typical 4 either and definitely not a 5. Tiny is our best back to the basket player and if you didn't notice, he had some pretty good moves. The reason we are playing bad is because Willie can't play 2nd fiddle in the offense to TMG.

Guys

This thread is about Terrence Ross, a new OU prospect. Take your other discussions elsewhere.

Thanks

Greg

With Clark and Taylor already in the fold, signing those three would give OU a another top ten recruiting class, maybe top five. Hopefully Henzo will be successful in contacting Ross before long, so we'll know if the interest is mutual?

I think it would be a top 5 class.

TJ
Cam
TRoss
TJones
Aziz

wow.

The fact that you think otherwise is beyond strange.

Edit: I hope somebody saves your "prediction" just so we can all laugh about it next season....

I didn't PREDICT anything. I never said my roster was likely. I suggested that that is what I'd like to have happen. Chill.

As for Ross, he'd be a huge get. A guy that could step in and replace Warran, assuming he leaves early. You probably don't get a recruit like him if you can't guarantee him a chance to fight for a starting job though. And he wouldn't start over TMG and Warren, and you probably couldn't afford to start those two and Ross. Uphill battle, but hopefully we can get him on campus.

I didn't PREDICT anything. I never said my roster was likely. I suggested that that is what I'd like to have happen. Chill.

As for Ross, he'd be a huge get. A guy that could step in and replace Warran, assuming he leaves early. You probably don't get a recruit like him if you can't guarantee him a chance to fight for a starting job though. And he wouldn't start over TMG and Warren, and you probably couldn't afford to start those two and Ross. Uphill battle, but hopefully we can get him on campus.

I agree with you that he won't be coming here if Warren stays.

I sure hope Coach is still working Poland and Smith as backup options.

Back