Accountability on this team?

I really don't see someone directing others out there.... Maybe JB?

Harmon was my prediction on the thread 04 linked us to. He’s got the personality and the drive. I think he’ll be a good leader in time. I had hoped Brady might be a good leader, but his demeanor on the court and on the bench is not what you would expect to see from a player with good leadership qualities.

If Harmon is not the leader I predicted he’ll be, we’re screwed next year too.

You guys responding with Harmon must have said the same thing about Kadeem. Lmao

Can't imagine any scenario where I would put Harmon with Lattin. Lattin seemed to be most of the time the antithesis of a leader.

A leader doesn't have to be the one who is most vocal. It can also be the one that works the hardest, is the best example, and leaves it all on the court. Sometimes it can be or needs to be both.

Look back at the 02 Final Four team. Everyone wants to think Hollis was the leader, but Quannas was much of a leader as anyone. Also, Selvy added the vocal leadership needed. Same could be said of the 16 team. 4 of the 5 starters had the work ethic and example, while Buddy and Spangler were the vocal leaders.

With that said, this team has struggled with leadership and accountablity. Brady works and plays hard, but gets to caught up in himself to be a true leader. I also think Harmon could be that guy, but he has battled his own issues with confidence and frustrated with his role. He seems to be better now. Once he gets that worked out, and he buys into his role on the team, I think he is that guy.

We need someone to step up but this has been a common theme, IMO, since 2016

Last edited:
Lol. How long ago was that?

Just a year and half ago, before his senior year of high school. He played two years on Team USA at the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championship and 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup.

don't give up on harmon just yet (those who are). I think when he gets comfortable we'll see him back to being in charge on the floor more. at the beginning when he didnt realize everything he didnt know (??) he went out and really tried to take charge. I know he got slapped back a bit but that showed it is in him. I see potential there as well.

Harmon is a natural born leader. He just needs more experience. That’s why I said he will be a good leader “in time.”

I agree with coolm and Ada. Harmon is finally figuring out his role, getting comfortable with it and gaining confidence. It has shown the last handful of games.

He has all the ability to be a leader and I think he will be.

Harmon is a natural born leader. He just needs more experience. That’s why I said he will be a good leader “in time.”

I know I'm dating myself, but I could see Harmon growing into a "Jacque Vaughn" type of player. I don't know if Harmon will ever be the "distributor" that Vaughn was, but I'm confident he can be a better scorer.

I know I'm dating myself, but I could see Harmon growing into a "Jacque Vaughn" type of player. I don't know if Harmon will ever be the "distributor" that Vaughn was, but I'm confident he can be a better scorer.
I hope Harmon can be that kind of leader and defender, but hopefully a better scorer. Vaughn only averaged about 10 pts a game if I remember correctly.

But if Harmon leaves here as a conference player of the year, as Vaughn did, it would be a great career.

to me, jb is clearly the leader of this team. but that differs from accountability. i don’t know how that is measured, but if harmon is going to assume that role, he needs to quit acting like he never fouls anyone. i would imagine that is the best place to start.

Back