After all the guys suspended or kicked off the team

OU918

Reaction score
in the last 4 years, the question has to be asked: Is Capel capable of evaluating a recruit's character or instilling discipline on a team? Now with Tiny's question marks concerning the NCAA this program may indeed be heading down the wrong path.

in the last 4 years, the question has to be asked: Is Capel capable of evaluating a recruit's character or instilling discipline on a team? Now with Tiny's question marks concerning the NCAA this program may indeed be heading down the wrong path.

I've been as big a Capel supporter as there is....that being said you raise a great question. The excuses end now.

if he's not, someone else is. Castiglione won't allow two seasons like this back-to-back.

I think this has to be a valad question and probably has been for a while.

if he's not, someone else is. Castiglione won't allow two seasons like this back-to-back.

No matter what, I think next season will be better than this one. Crock is our only senior. With Willie's draft stock falling like a rock, he might come back to OU for another season. We'll be a more experienced, complete team next year if we get some post help in recruiting.

I don't know that I believe that.

If we have two consecutive seasons in which we miss the tournament and post double digit losses, Castiglione has no choice but to make a change. Fortunately, I don't think it will come to that. We should be better next year.

No matter what, I think next season will be better than this one. Crock is our only senior. With Willie's draft stock falling like a rock, he might come back to OU for another season. We'll be a more experienced, complete team next year if we get some post help in recruiting.

How will we be more experienced, especially if Warren leaves?

And Wright is a senior too. And while not great, he has overtaken Tiny as our starter in the post.

Amazing how some on the board have gone to hoping Capel does not bolt to Duke to he is gone after next year. Everyone step away from the ledge. The team is down at half. This is the biggest game for the Pokes this year. A loss and they are out of the tournament. Two of our starters are missing, they cannot miss, get every call, and we are only down 10. Hell, it seems like we should be down thirty, but our guys are playing hard and hanging around. I would say that Capel should be praised for that.

How will we be more experienced, especially if Warren leaves?

And Wright is a senior too. And while not great, he has overtaken Tiny as our starter in the post.

As it stands, I don't think Willie's going to leave. NBADraft.net is a pretty reputable site. According to it, he won't even be drafted.

As it stands, I don't think Willie's going to leave. NBADraft.net is a pretty reputable site. According to it, he won't even be drafted.

And is that a good thing? He and TMG don't play well together, and I haven't seen anything to make me think they can "learn" to. Some players' games just don't mix. And you really think Willie will have a good attitude if he is "forced" to come back b/c of his draft situation? That wouldn't be pretty.

Ledgies unite!!!!

Granted next year is a telling year, but lets not all freak out. Yes its osu but its only one game.

it would take an act of God for Joe C. to ever fire Capel
this was Joe C.'s shot to show what kind of genius he is at picking a coach and show the Stoops hire wasn't a fluke

Ledgies unite!!!!

Granted next year is a telling year, but lets not all freak out. Yes its osu but its only one game.

But it is not just one game. It is also Gonzaga, Baylor, San Diego, and VCU. There are times where this team plays like it has zero chemistry. The whole goal of a basketball season is to ascend where you are playing your best basketball going into March. This team is descending, if anything.

I am concerned about the future of the program at this point.

I am tired of guys being suspended, benched for missing meetings, late or missing practice, problems with agents, etc.

I like JC but the direction of the program is going south, imo.

Last edited:
But it is not just one game. It is also Gonzaga, Baylor, San Diego, and VCU. There are times where this team plays like it has zero chemistry. The whole goal of a basketball season is to ascend where you are playing your best basketball going into March. This team is descending, if anything.

Agreed, but its not going to happen this year. It doesn't mean that it will be the same next year. Im concerned, yes, but Im not going to lose my faith in Sooner Basketball b/c of 1 year that has had one bad thing after another happen. Guess im a half glass full guy. :OUbball-logo:

Ledgies unite!!!!

Only one game? your kidding right?

You guys say this after every loss, it's only one game. added to the 9 other losses.

Back