After all the guys suspended or kicked off the team

I am concerned about the future of the program at this point.

I am tired of guys being suspended, benched for missing meetings, late or missing practice, problems with agents, etc.

I like JC but the direction of the program is going south, imo.

I miss the days of complaining about practicing too hard or being too tough a coach like we had with Kelvin. Jeff may be a good guy but I think he seems like too much of a friend and not a coach.

I miss the days of complaining about practicing too hard or being too tough a coach like we had with Kelvin. Jeff may be a good guy but I think he seems like too much of a friend and not a coach.

Losing in the 1st round is better than not making the Dance.

And here comes Kelvin's Crew in full effect. Come on guys, that doesn't accomplish anything either. Kelvin Sampson is not the coach here and he hasn't been in several years. Move on.

Losing in the 1st round is better than not making the Dance.

No it's not and we made it past the first round most of the last several years in Sampson's years. Got beat by UMW his last year but before that we won the first round, Final Four, Elite 8, in 3 out of 4 years.

Agreed, but its not going to happen this year. It doesn't mean that it will be the same next year. Im concerned, yes, but Im not going to lose my faith in Sooner Basketball b/c of 1 year that has had one bad thing after another happen. Guess im a half glass full guy. :OUbball-logo:

I am not losing faith either. Just wish we had some of that hustle we had with Blake and such. The only players close to resembling that is Cade and Tony. Otherwise, these other guys are just playing for themselves (except TMG).

And here comes Kelvin's Crew in full effect. Come on guys, that doesn't accomplish anything either. Kelvin Sampson is not the coach here and he hasn't been in several years. Move on.

True but this team plays like they already did something when they've done nothing. It's not what I grew up with when we had both Billy and Kelvin.

Only one game? your kidding right?

You guys say this after every loss, it's only one game. added to the 9 other losses.

You realize that teams lose sometimes correct? Ask UNC, ask UCONN. It happens.

I am not losing faith either. Just wish we had some of that hustle we had with Blake and such. The only players close to resembling that is Cade and Tony. Otherwise, these other guys are just playing for themselves (except TMG).

Depending on freshmen and willie to man up and take some responsibility for the team......lots of chances for failure.

As much as I liked him as a coach, I long for the day when Kelvin Sampson's name isnt mentioned on this board in the context of a comparison.

I've been as big a Capel supporter as there is....that being said you raise a great question. The excuses end now.

Yeah, I thought he was gonna be bigtime.

It just is not looking like that at this point, on a number of levels.

Even recruiting.

He has to land at least one big dude that can immediately block shots and rebound. And, that is with the assumption of Tiny coming back.

He really needs to get both that african dude and T. Jones. We have the need, just put a PF/C in the NBA #1 overall, and he is supposed to be a great recruiter.

He basically doesn't seem to be able to coach very well at all, on or off the court.

He's gotta land bigtime players at positions where we have open starting spots.

WW sticking around could be the worst thing for this program. He will be a 1st round pick and he is gone.

Is anyone else sick of hearing about "chemistry" problems and how poisonous Willie is for the team. Unless you have some actual knowledge of how the players feel about one another and not more bull**** body-language analysis then please shut up! The team is young and lacks depth, and most of our touted recruits are still learning how to contribute in D-1.

is anyone else sick of hearing about "chemistry" problems and how poisonous willie is for the team. Unless you have some actual knowledge of how the players feel about one another and not more bull**** body-language analysis then please shut up! The team is young and lacks depth, and most of our touted recruits are still learning how to contribute in d-1.

lol.

Is anyone else sick of hearing about "chemistry" problems and how poisonous Willie is for the team. Unless you have some actual knowledge of how the players feel about one another and not more bull**** body-language analysis then please shut up! The team is young and lacks depth, and most of our touted recruits are still learning how to contribute in D-1.

That was a good reason/excuse in January. Not anymore.

WW sticking around could be the worst thing for this program. He will be a 1st round pick and he is gone.

What is he going to do in the NBA???

At the college level, he is very good at getting to the hole, and great and finishing, especially with contact. And, he often makes an ass of himself at the college level if he doesn't get the whistle when he iniates contact.

At times, he seems to see the court well and make great passes, but that is cancelled out by being so sloppy with the ball.

He's not a strong dribbler at all.

He can't shoot.

His defense is worse than Ryan Wright's offense was until the last few games.

He has no heart.

I could see the Raiders drafting him in the first round, but nobody else.

Back