After review of the box score.

thebigabd

Reaction score
-Why did Tiny only take 5 shots, and why only 22 minutes?

-TMG is gonna be awesome.

-Willie shot 38% from the field, 0% from 3, and had 5 turnovers to 1 assist. He had 6 rebounds which is good.

-Cade played another good game. 9 points, 7 rebounds, 3 steals is exactly what you want on the road from your role player. He also played all 40 minutes.

-They have to find a way to get Pledger's confidence back.

-Khris Middleton is going to be a good player for A&M.

That is all.

Two fouls in the first 2 minutes of the first half is the reason for Tiny's small minutes.

Officials took it upon themselves to make sure Tiny was well-rested for the 2nd half. Total phantom call on the 2nd foul.

Officials took it upon themselves to make sure Tiny was well-rested for the 2nd half. Total phantom call on the 2nd foul.

I am sure that is what they talked about during the pre-game meeting in the locker room.

abd,

A few answers:

Tiny's already been answered.

TMG played his best game, all around, since putting on an OU jersey. Hustle, smart play, etc.

Willie Warren didn't have a great night shooting, but had his best night as a leader. Vocal leader in the huddle. Pulled Tiny aside and gave him a chewing once for a lack of hustle. It was obvious that he's starting to "get it".

Cade was awesome. Really, I think Cade's hustle and fire has turned this team around.

Pledger was off for sure. Shooters go through this.

A&M had a bunch of talent. Middleton was definitely impressive. We played a really good 2nd half and had we started better, we would have won the game by double digits for sure.

Five turnovers by one of your lead guards really bites you in the ***.

Yep. As much as we've improved in the last two weeks, there are still some really simple, basic things that we aren't doing well. I can't remember an OU team that turns the ball over like we do (save the TE-lead teams). Defense is still painfully inconsistent. And at times, our offense is stagnant. Energy, hustle, and sense of urgency has been better though. Just not consistent.

This is true, but one TO was when he threw a pass down the court to Tiny that Tiny let slip through his finger tips....a pass he could have easily caught (and one that B. Griffin would have caught and flushed last year). TOs are not as black and white as they always seems IMO

This is true, but one TO was when he threw a pass down the court to Tiny that Tiny let slip through his finger tips....a pass he could have easily caught (and one that B. Griffin would have caught and flushed last year). TOs are not as black and white as they always seems IMO

That wasn't a terrible pass, but it shouldn't have been made.

Blake Griffin, Tiny is not.

That wasn't a terrible pass, but it shouldn't have been made.

Blake Griffin, Tiny is not.

In hind sight it shouldn't have been made because Tiny let it slip through his fingers, but Tiny was at least 2 steps ahead of his guy. Wasn't like Warren tried to make a perfect pass to a covered big man.

And yep....Griffin was a special talent. Tiny is also quite talented, but he isn't Griffin.

Yep. As much as we've improved in the last two weeks, there are still some really simple, basic things that we aren't doing well. I can't remember an OU team that turns the ball over like we do (save the TE-lead teams). Defense is still painfully inconsistent. And at times, our offense is stagnant. Energy, hustle, and sense of urgency has been better though. Just not consistent.

Totally agree with everything you said, TU! Funny you should mention the Terrell Everett lead guard team. I was have thought about that more than once while watching some of our games this season.

The #1 play in our offense that year was to put the ball in TE's hands on nearly every possession and let him try to score anyway he could. He was successful at times, but it also worked against us way too often because he turned the ball over so much.

That is essentially what we are doing with WW. But, IMHO, OU is a better team with TMG running the offense, while Willie works to get open without the ball, not to mention the pressures of being the primary ball handler. He's good at driving the lane and he's strong enough to get his shot off in traffic. But he also turns the ball over too much, just like TE did, and he is not good at recognizing when double and triple teams are coming to force him into a bad decision.

We only had 9 turnovers last night. That wasn't the problem.

Not having seen the play, I can't assume who's responsible, but Tiny has good enough hands. his hands are pretty darn decent to where he should catch a pass thrown to him. Sometimes guys make mistakes, it's not a mistake free game. Also, WW has the tendancy to try and squeeze passes. Last year, he squeezed some to Blake and patillo. Blake was about 100% on his and Patillo was about 50% on the catch. Kind of the same senario with Gallon and Wright. You have a good hands guy in Gallon, but Wright has bad hands despite being an excellent finisher. I don't mind WW making TO's trying to create. My concern with him is he lets to many defenders get hands on his balls during the drive and in his passes.

The problem wasn't tiny's hands, it was the fac he didn't cut hard to the basket....looked like he started to cut and pulled up but once he noticed Willie passed it he tried to catch up to the pass...

He is still learning how to play hard consistently as a freshman and not take plays off...that is why Willie got upset (pot meet kettle)

Back