Aggies vs Hawks

LOL Cheno do you still think Collins is the definitive National POY? 7 points on 2 for 9 shooting, 1 assist and 5 turnovers isn't helping your credibility much at this point...

Actually, I don't think I said he's the NPOY. I said Sherron is the best player in the country for who I'd want on my team. He doesn't have the numbers to be NPOY because he's not a ball hog. Last night was a prime example. He didn't keep firing up shots.
But, I'm smart enough not to judge anyone on one game. If that was the case nobody would be NPOY.
KU is doing fine for a team full of misfits with all kind of deficiencies.
Bill Self is showing once again why he's the best coach in the country.

Trying to compliment your team and you still get upset dang.
Cheno water is wet, thoughts?
My bad. Missed the compliment I guess. Calling the #7 team in the country not a challenge is silly though. Sorry..it just is.

Last edited:
Actually, I don't think I said he's the NPOY. I said Sherron is the best player in the country for who I'd want on my team. He doesn't have the numbers to be NPOY because he's not a ball hog. Last night was a prime example. He didn't keep firing up shots.
But, I'm smart enough not to judge anyone on one game. If that was the case nobody would be NPOY.
KU is doing fine for a team full of misfits with all kind of deficiencies.
Bill Self is showing once again why he's the best coach in the country.

You never disputed the discrepancy between "best player" and "POY". Looks like someone's backtracking since Collins isn't playing so hot, which is fine. For the record, I said countless times back when we had our debate that Wall was both, and you disputed that Wall wasn't as deserving as Collins. Which isn't correct.

And also, Collins shoots just as much as Wall. Not saying he's a ball hog, but he does shoot more then anyone else at KU, and just as much as Wall. And Wall has the numbers to be NPOY. Its just Collins isn't playing like the best player.

Last edited:
You never disputed the discrepancy between "best player" and "POY". Looks like someone's backtracking since Collins isn't playing so hot, which is fine. For the record, I said countless times back when we had our debate that Wall was both, and you disputed that Wall wasn't as deserving as Collins. Which isn't correct.

And also, Collins shoots more then Wall. Not saying he's a ball hog, but he does shoot more then anyone else at KU, and more then Wall does.

It's funny how you can make a true statement that's untrue at the same time. Yes, Collins has taken more shots. However, he has played 1 more game that Wall. Wall has 296 shots in 25 games while Collins has 309 shots in 26 games. Wall's works out to 11.8 shots per game and Collins is at 11.78. Pretty much the same.

The difference is Wall's FG% is much better at 47% compared to Collins' 42.5%. Collins is a tad better in 3PFG% but only a point.

Collins has been in a horrid shooting slump in the Big 12. I think he is injured and looks like he has maybe put on a few pounds. He definitely isn't himself. The crazy thing is that KU has still managed to win with their best player playing consistently crappy. That wouldn't happen with UK and Wall.

Their numbers are actually pretty similar overall though.

I think Marcus Morris is the POY in the conference so far. He has been the best player on by far the best team.

It's funny how you can make a true statement that's untrue at the same time. Yes, Collins has taken more shots. However, he has played 1 more game that Wall. Wall has 296 shots in 25 games while Collins has 309 shots in 26 games. Wall's works out to 11.8 shots per game and Collins is at 11.78. Pretty much the same.

The difference is Wall's FG% is much better at 47% compared to Collins' 42.5%. Collins is a tad better in 3PFG% but only a point.

Collins has been in a horrid shooting slump in the Big 12. I think he is injured and looks like he has maybe put on a few pounds. He definitely isn't himself. The crazy thing is that KU has still managed to win with their best player playing consistently crappy. That wouldn't happen with UK and Wall.

Their numbers are actually pretty similar overall though.

I think Marcus Morris is the POY in the conference so far. He has been the best player on by far the best team.

My mistake, I saw that both were under 26 games, and I forgot that he was suspended for the first.

Either way, it still doesn't debunk the fact that Wall hasn't been shooting that much (which was my point). As you said and the stats prove, it is about equal. Hardly what I would figure saying Collins "doesn't have the numbers to be NPOY because he's not a ball hog", when Wall is the favorite for NPOY, and he shoots the same amount.

And just because he is in a slump doesn't mean he is injured. It is probably mental. The way he penetrates in the lane looks the exact same as he has his career; the only thing there could be is an injury to his shooting hand which, if that were the case, he should probably sit out for a game now, since KU is a lock for the Big 12 title right now. IMO, I don't think he's injured. He's just in a slump. Again, not the best player in the country by the way he's playing, definitely now with this slump.

Last edited:
My mistake, I saw that both were under 26 games, and I forgot that he was suspended for the first.

Either way, it still doesn't debunk the fact that Wall hasn't been shooting that much (which was my point). As you said and the stats prove, it is about equal. Hardly what I would figure saying Collins "doesn't have the numbers to be NPOY because he's not a ball hog", when Wall is the favorite for NPOY, and he shoots the same amount.

And just because he is in a slump doesn't mean he is injured. It is probably mental. The way he penetrates in the lane looks the exact same as he has his career; the only thing there could be is an injury to his shooting hand which, if that were the case, he should probably sit out for a game now, since KU is a lock for the Big 12 title right now. IMO, I don't think he's injured. He's just in a slump. Again, not the best player in the country by the way he's playing, definitely now with this slump.

I should rephrase. I don't think he's injures because he's slumping, he tweaked his back against KSU and I think it is still bothering based on the way he looks on the floor. His explosiveness off the floor isn't close to normal. He doesn't look the same at all. Not trying to make excuses at all, he is a great kid and player either way but He isn't POY this year.

Back