Alex Kirk Update

campbest

Reaction score
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Sports/21-Alex-Kirk-Feature

I know he has been mentioned in this forum once or twice.

Not a very good article, but it's pretty much the norm when it comes to the New Mexican. Some of Kirk's quotes puzzle me, especially the possibility of being "recruited over."

Also watched some video, OSU can have him for all I care, Capel is best served focusing his attention on someone else (I'm sure he already has).

Best thing about the article is OU getting listed in the same sentence as UNC, Duke, Kansas and Kentucky in the recruitment of Barnes. I know the chances with Barnes is bleak but I love seeing the OU name being mentioned in the same breath as those elite programs in places outside of Oklahoma. It says a lot about where this program is headed.

I don't think Ford has interest in Kirk.

Hohum is he too tall for Ford's system?

UNM needs him more than OU does, so I hope he winds up "staying home" in the end.

"Kirk, rated as one of the nation's top-10 centers by Scout.com and ESPN.com, is courting interest from schools like Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, New Mexico, Oklahoma State and Minnesota."

"Barnes, who is considered one of the top-three recruits of the Class of 2010, is being chased by Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Oklahoma and Kentucky."

heh.

from what i understand, from my CU connects (he said), CU thinks they have a shot with Kirk.

"Kirk, rated as one of the nation's top-10 centers by Scout.com and ESPN.com, is courting interest from schools like Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, New Mexico, Oklahoma State and Minnesota."

"Barnes, who is considered one of the top-three recruits of the Class of 2010, is being chased by Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Oklahoma and Kentucky."

heh.

from what i understand, from my CU connects (he said), CU thinks they have a shot with Kirk.

Colorado has only one scholarship for the 2010 class, and I bet they use it on Kevin Panzer, who is a 6'9'' 200 combo forward. His top 3 are Colorado, Gonzaga, and Penn.

He fits in very well with what Bzdelik wants to do, and that is become the best shooting team in the country.

ESPN Eval from 2008:
At his size there may not be another 4-man around the country that can shoot like him. His release is textbook and he has range out to 23 feet. He is very good at spotting up for his shot and he is far from selfish. In addition to his prolific shooting stroke, he is quite bouncy around the rim as he had a number of outstanding finishes around the basket. He still needs to get stronger and much tougher around the basket, but he still has two years left before he reaches the next level. He is an excellent passer, especially in the half-court set. Panzor should be an excellent fit in a motion style offense where he could come off of screens and shoot or he could be lethal in a pick-n-pop situation.

In somewhat-related news, UNM's Steve Alford booted the mythical Isiah Rusher from the team, without his ever playing a game out here. He even got cleared by the NCAA, but he was apparently a "bad teammate" from what people have seen in pick-up games and at local camps.

Rusher is already 21, so he should just go play JC ball this year and then leave for the pros.

Too slow, I think.

There's a difference between being uptempo and taking quick shots. Ford's system is taking quick shots. Any sensible bigman who wants to be involved in the offense would be smart to steer clear of OSU.

Best thing about the article is OU getting listed in the same sentence as UNC, Duke, Kansas
That's impossible. :ez-laugh:

Back