Board Observations From Afar

I really hope a solution is found to keep this board around.
I think Joe C did a amazing job getting Lon but he needed to make up for a poorly thought out hire of Capel. So I believe we can post opinions on a message board no matter how smart or foolish we seem. Unfortunately the anonymity creates an ease to being harsher or nastier than one would be in an in person discussion. It's also easy to read more into a post than was intended if the post had been spoken with a certain tone of voice or facial expression. I have no solutions, unfortunately, beyond it's ok to disagree, ok to blame highly paid professionals and it's not ok to demean the young men on the team if they are being good citizens and team mates.

Would you like to take over ownership of this board? It's yours if you want it.

I agree with what you say but simply don't have the time and/or patience to deal with the moderating aspect of it any longer. Would love for you to have it and attempt to turn it around.

The only other alternative is shutting it down, as I haven't found anyone yet willing to take it over and I've been trying for a while (ask Ada). That and this post popping up after an 11-1 start to the season pretty much gives me the final nail-in-the-coffin sign for the board I've needed for after this season if no one steps up.

Edit: Hopefully this doesn't come across as snarky. That is not the intention. Just laying it out there and admitting I've neglected the board, and am hoping to find an alternative to keep it going and make it great again.

What's involved in owning the board? i.e. How much work is it and can it be done remotely?

There's room for improvement, but I think it's still a great board. Hope it doesn't get shut down.

While I appreciate the kind words from familiar faces [names] who have always supported this board and what it has stood over the years, it’s not enough to keep me going. I have “retired” three times in the past two years, but came back each time out of loyalty to my friend, OUHoops.

I still love this board and the friends I have made, but what was once a “labor of love” is something I don’t look forward to anymore. That’s on me, though. I’m nearly ten years older now than when OUHoops and I began our conversations about the look and feel of OUHoops.com. It was fun back then. I enjoyed bringing the new mods on board, and “stealing” new members from other basketball boards. Wish I still felt that way. But to be honest, I don’t like the person I have become sometimes. I have been old and cranky more often than not lately, and for that I apologize.

I don’t want to see this board die either. I just don’t know what to do about it? If anyone out there has the answer, by all means let OUHoops know. He paid the start up costs out of his own pocket. He has also paid the monthly server fee since the board was launched in October, 2008. The man derserves a metal for his contribution to OU basketball.

Don’t worry, I won’t be part of the bargain. My good friends Usedtobe1 and WaymanFan may be. I’ll let them make that decision. Thanks guys for standing by me all these years! Thanks, too, to all of the regulars here who have made OUH a great place to hang out and discuss basketbal! If this is our last season together, here’s to creating more great memories than any of us ever thought possible!!! :OUbball-logo:

Great post 04. One of the best posters on the board. Appreciate your perspective and I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I appreciate the kind words from familiar faces [names] who have always supported this board and what it has stood over the years, it’s not enough to keep me going. I have “retired” three times in the past two years, but came back each time out of loyalty to my friend, OUHoops.

I still love this board and the friends I have made, but what was once a “labor of love” is something I don’t look forward to anymore. That’s on me, though. I’m nearly ten years older now than when OUHoops and I began our conversations about the look and feel of OUHoops.com. It was fun back then. I enjoyed bringing the new mods on board, and “stealing” new members from other basketball boards. Wish I still felt that way. But to be honest, I don’t like the person I have become sometimes. I have been old and cranky more often than not lately, and for that I apologize.

I don’t want to see this board die either. I just don’t know what to do about it? If anyone out there has the answer, by all means let OUHoops know. He paid the start up costs out of his own pocket. He has also paid the monthly server fee since the board was launched in October, 2008. The man derserves a metal for his contribution to OU basketball.

Don’t worry, I won’t be part of the bargain. My good friends Usedtobe1 and WaymanFan may be. I’ll let them make that decision. Thanks guys for standing by me all these years! Thanks, too, to all of the regulars here who have made OUH a great place to hang out and discuss basketbal! If this is our last season together, here’s to creating more great memories than any of us ever thought possible!!! :OUbball-logo:

Sad post :(

It's a internet forum, place to talk OU basketball. Yeah I agree to many folks want to pick a fight at times but so what. I just about all and gave up on the Women forum. Say one thing against SC or how much $$ she makes here they come out of the wood work. I think everyone is entitle to their own opinion...most of us are grown ups.

I hope OUHOOPS keeps the ship sailing even without a driver, if necessary.

People need to just start using the ignore feature. Also, people need to get some thicker skin.

I’ve had numerous back and forths with posters but I honestly cannot even recall who the other poster was today. That’s because I don’t take it personally. If you can’t do that then just agree to disagree or ignore button are the best solutions.

OuHoops is a precious website for many! If money is some of the issue then provide a link to make donations.

Back