Allonzo Trier

ouleopard

Reaction score
The OU coaches are gaining confidence in their pursuit of Trier. With
his mother living in Oklahoma City with Allonzo's 2 younger siblings, she
is not wanting to move and would like him at OU. She would move to whatever area he goes to school at and would prefer not to move at all. Plus the fact that Jordan and Allonzo are extremely close. Allonzo wants to be the
man and that would seem to eliminate teams like Kentucky and Kansas that
play numerous players. Arizona has really stepped up their pursuit
as he is a top 20 player in the country. If Thomas is ruled eligible this season
that would mean they would have 2 scholarships to give and would prefer
Allonzo and Shake. If he has to sit out the year, they could only take 1 guard.
Of course these are not the only players they are recruiting

Landing Zo and Shake would be bigger than when Capel landed Blake. Be really cool for us OU fans if it all came together like that.

And b/c you mentioned it (scholarships), IF Buddy were to leave early, that would open up an additional scholarship as well.

Thanks for the update. It sure doesn't hurt to have Mom on our side. I would love to get both Trier and Shake..... and Akolda Manyang.

Are you of the opinion that another scholarship is likely to open up at the end of next year if Buddy has a good season?

Scouts are projecting Buddy as a 1st round pick so they would have another
scholarship. But that would require Buddy upping his game on defense and
taking the ball to the bucket which is what the coaches are working with him
on.

The OU coaches are gaining confidence in their pursuit of Trier. With
his mother living in Oklahoma City with Allonzo's 2 younger siblings, she
is not wanting to move and would like him at OU. She would move to whatever area he goes to school at and would prefer not to move at all. Plus the fact that Jordan and Allonzo are extremely close. Allonzo wants to be the
man and that would seem to eliminate teams like Kentucky and Kansas that
play numerous players. Arizona has really stepped up their pursuit
as he is a top 20 player in the country. If Thomas is ruled eligible this season
that would mean they would have 2 scholarships to give and would prefer
Allonzo and Shake. If he has to sit out the year, they could only take 1 guard.
Of course these are not the only players they are recruiting

This would be huge to get both guards.....If Thomas is eligible, then the dominoes would be in place.

Thanks for the update, ouleopard!

If OU can land Zo and/or Shake, all of the pieces will be in place to make the Sooners relevant on a national scale again. With the players we'll have on our roster in 2015, I think a top 15 or so ranking and a deep run in the NCAA tourney is not only possible, it's a likely probability.

Thanks for the update, ouleopard!

If OU can land Zo and/or Shake, all of the pieces will be in place to make the Sooners relevant on a national scale again. With the players we'll have on our roster in 2015, I think a top 15 or so ranking and a deep run in the NCAA tourney is not only possible, it's a likely probability.

Whichever year we have Thomas sets up to be a huge one for us.

The last two NCAA tourneys have exposed roster depth.

In 2013, it was a lack of experienced guard play against SDSU. This year, it was a thin frontcourt against NDSU.

Point being, if we land one of those impact guards to compliment our suddenly super-deep and athletic frontcourt, and pair it with a couple senior guards in Hield and Cousins and an authoritative junior point guard in Woodard... we will be a terror.

Zo, c'monnnnnn dowwwwwn

The stair steps would be in place. The helicopters would be fueled. The eggs would be in the souffle.

Wrong metaphor. We are not trying to set ourselves up for a fall.

Sorry, lol, meant that if Thomas is eligible this year, then that opens the extra scholarship for both guards the next year.

Guys it's still a long shot at this point. We have a shot but it's going to be hard.

If Thomas is ineligible this year....... Who would OU prefer to sign: Zo or Shake? Maybe whichever one commits first although I think they would somehow work it out to sign both of them.

OU is so deep now that playing time is going to harder to earn, and transfers are likely to happen as players get recruited over ..... ala Hornbeak.

If Thomas is ineligible this year....... Who would OU prefer to sign: Zo or Shake? Maybe whichever one commits first although I think they would somehow work it out to sign both of them.

OU is so deep now that playing time is going to harder to earn, and transfers are likely to happen as players get recruited over ..... ala Hornbeak.

Hard to say. Trier might be the better player right away, but if he is a 1-2 year player, and Shake is a 4 year guy, I think I'd rather have Shake.

I don't think both will come to OU, b/c like you said, we'd have a stacked roster that first year, and I think a guy like Shake would see that playing time might be hard to come by that first year, and that might scare him away.

I imagine first to commit would get the spot.

Alonzo because I think he would push us over the edge to being a contender right away. However, if we're able to have our choice between those two, we are darn lucky. Having Zo for a year or two or Shake for four years both help the program a lot.

Heard Trier is going to Findlay Prep in Vegas next year. If that is true, he will be playing on a team that plays all over the country. If he has a great year all the big guys will recruit him if they are not already. Tough get for OU I think???

Heard Trier is going to Findlay Prep in Vegas next year. If that is true, he will be playing on a team that plays all over the country. If he has a great year all the big guys will recruit him if they are not already. Tough get for OU I think???

Yeah I also think shake will be a hard get as well, I just get the impression that he wants to leave the state.

Everyone has offered minus duke and uk. EVERYONE.

It's going to be hat to get him if he played at norman HS.
OU has Jordan and crutch going for him the most.

We'll see how it plays out. Should be early signing period though.

Depends on what you want.

If you want a guy that can score and that is his main goal playing, Trier.

All around player, Shake.

Back