Amazing atmosphere

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
That was the game that all those fans had been waiting for. They will get a chance to do it again against Bama in a couple of years. Props to their crowd. That was probably the equivalent to us playing that Maryland at home 2002(?).

I bet some life long Ram fans have never seen an atmosphere like that....

Thanks BigTime, it was pretty loud and the fans were really into it. I've seen every game we have played in the building and it would be in the top 4 or 5. The best are mostly conference games that had meaning and the first game ever played there, which was against Louisville, a game where we were behind most of the game and pulled off the win in the last few minutes.

Just for some contrast, when Jeff first came we would average 4-5K, and had games with less than 2K all the time. We would struggle to get 500 students at a game. Jeff helped build this program and got the ball rolling. Last night they had to limit the students to the first 2500, and they started lining up in the morning. I talked to Jeff after the game and told him that I knew it was hard, but look around- you helped build this.

You guys have a great year. You have a lot of talent and I'm sure Jeff will get things going pretty fast. As long as JCIII is your coach I will be your fan.

This was a game that had some "bad mojo" all around it, and I have some earlier posts to that effect so that position is not "because of a loss". Give it up to VCU, their crowd, their players and their staff for creating the buzzsaw that OU walked in to.

Good game for both teams IMHO for the rest of the season. For OU it was a taste of the fire they will see on the road in the B12 and for VCU it was a NCAA resume builder performance. Took more away from this game than the annual drubbing of Coppin State, that is for sure [with all due respect to my man Fang].

Personally, I wish we'd do more home and home's with solid mid-major programs.

I was there and it was LOUD and ROWDY. The VCU crowd had a good time before the game and just kept going. I can see a lot of merit in a suggestion seen on this board. Why not have a smaller venue for some home OU games? Early season games may not draw a huge crowd, but might fill (or close to it) a 7 - 8 K arena.

I'm a huge mid-major fan when it comes to basketball so this was a tough one for me to watch. That was a great atmosphere and VCU used its advantage as a springboard in the first half.

Congrats to the Rams, that was a great win...hopefully both teams experience continued success this season.

Back