Andreas Holst Commits!

Now if we could just keep them more than one season! That's what's killing us. Maybe it's that they don't want to be on a losing team/program, which I don't blame them for, so I really hope this season is better. This freshman class this season, plus the 2 committed for next season could be a very solid group playing together in a couple seasons! Only time will tell, I suppose.

I'm no expert and I hope this is a good get but I'm a little gun shy in light of Benny Shroeder, Luke Northweather, Yaya Keita and Kuol Atak (who I already hear will redshirt).

Am I wrong?
Absolutely not. 9.5 ppg against that video doesn't inspire hope.

Yay another European kid who won’t pan out.

I will gladly eat crow if I’m wrong.

lol at the usual suspects
OU lands another top 75 kid and people aren't happy.
I was all excited for Freeman and the German kid. Just waiting for one to pan out before I get my hopes up again.

Holst is ranked quite a bit higher than any other international player we have signed that I’m aware of.

Was Schroder ever ranked?

Freeman was dang near 10 years ago lol
There was also Polla, who probably wasn't ranked.

I think it's entirely reasonable for any fan to take a wait-and-see attitude when we sign an international player. They've almost never worked out in Norman. That said, there's no real reason to denigrate or cast doubt on a guy we've not seen play yet. There'll be plenty of opportunities to express negative opinions about him if and when he's earned them with poor play (or no play at all).

He is going to need a lot of work in the weight room. He needs to add a bunch of strength.

How the heck did this recruitment come down to OU and OSU? lol

How the heck did this recruitment come down to OU and OSU? lol
It’s interesting as on3 recruiting had him predicted to usc, ou second, Missouri and Illinois with offers and nothing with OSU. Recruiting is interesting to follow.

Holst is ranked quite a bit higher than any other international player we have signed that I’m aware of.
Wasn't Matt Freeman a 4 star recruit? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not saying Holst will be a bust but we've been burned a few times so I'll stay cautiously optimistic.

Wasn't Matt Freeman a 4 star recruit? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not saying Holst will be a bust but we've been burned a few times so I'll stay cautiously optimistic.
That was my recollection and I checked yesterday and he was 4 star in at least a few rankings. I also recall a few articles saying that if he had been in the US, he likely would have been a top 50 or 75 kid. Don’t quote me on the exact numbers.

I’ve not been able to find much useful information on the level of competition this kid is playing. 34.5 percent from distance on low volume doesn’t make me think he is a great shooter, but again, I have no clue if he is playing against good players or against teams comparable to the ones we beat by 50 during the summer tour a couple years ago. That’s what makes it tough to know much about foreign players. His offer list doesn’t jump off the page.

Back