Andreas Holst Commits!

That was my recollection and I checked yesterday and he was 4 star in at least a few rankings. I also recall a few articles saying that if he had been in the US, he likely would have been a top 50 or 75 kid. Don’t quote me on the exact numbers.

I’ve not been able to find much useful information on the level of competition this kid is playing. 34.5 percent from distance on low volume doesn’t make me think he is a great shooter, but again, I have no clue if he is playing against good players or against teams comparable to the ones we beat by 50 during the summer tour a couple years ago. That’s what makes it tough to know much about foreign players. His offer list doesn’t jump off the page.
Fran said that and well.. fran is an idiot

He needs to be better than Jax Kerr, who is going to Saint Louis University.

That was my recollection and I checked yesterday and he was 4 star in at least a few rankings. I also recall a few articles saying that if he had been in the US, he likely would have been a top 50 or 75 kid. Don’t quote me on the exact numbers.

I’ve not been able to find much useful information on the level of competition this kid is playing. 34.5 percent from distance on low volume doesn’t make me think he is a great shooter, but again, I have no clue if he is playing against good players or against teams comparable to the ones we beat by 50 during the summer tour a couple years ago. That’s what makes it tough to know much about foreign players. His offer list doesn’t jump off the page.

It looks like they are using the international 3 point line (22 feet).....high school is 19 ft 9 inches....ncaa is 20 ft 9 inches.....makes a pretty big difference on percentages. If he is shooting almost 35% from 22 feet then that's pretty good.

But again, I'm not sure which line that is from but I'd bet it's the international

There was also Polla, who probably wasn't ranked.

I think it's entirely reasonable for any fan to take a wait-and-see attitude when we sign an international player. They've almost never worked out in Norman. That said, there's no real reason to denigrate or cast doubt on a guy we've not seen play yet. There'll be plenty of opportunities to express negative opinions about him if and when he's earned them with poor play (or no play at all).
Oleg Retzov

Oleg Retzov
Haha, wow that is a blast from the past!! You know we always seemed to want Billy Tubbs to sign a 7 footer but the truth is what 7 footer at that time could play Billy's style of ball?? Not many if any.

Back