Any news on Cameron Clark or Michael Cobbins?

If we can get a combination of Cothron, Jones,Washburn, Cobbins, Pressey, Clark, Releford, McCallum, etc to come to the camp that would be great. Atleast two posts, two wings, and two pgs and put the senario on the table to those guys.

If we can get a combination of Cothron, Jones,Washburn, Cobbins, Pressey, Clark, Releford, McCallum, etc to come to the camp that would be great. Atleast two posts, two wings, and two pgs and put the senario on the table to those guys.

I would take any combination of that list of players (with at least one big included of course) to go with the two already committed and be absolutely thrilled with our 2010 class. It's nice to be in on so many top recruits you could flip a coin to make your picks and not be unhappy with the results.

I would take any combination of that list of players (with at least one big included of course) to go with the two already committed and be absolutely thrilled with our 2010 class. It's nice to be in on so many top recruits you could flip a coin to make your picks and not be unhappy with the results.

With the exception of Releford, two of any of those players will give OU another top 10 class. I would be excited to get two of any. Preferably a big and wing.

I believe Cobbins was claiming he has an OU offer, which is news to me.

The locals (Albuquerque) were really talking up Cobbins for awhile. I think he's been playing for an AAU team based out of Albuquerque, which FWIW is about 290 miles west of Amarillo. But, they now seem resigned to the probability that he's not going to sign with UNM.

Of course, if OU doesn't get him, I'd much rather see him become a Lobo than a Longhorn or a Cowpoke.

The locals (Albuquerque) were really talking up Cobbins for awhile. I think he's been playing for an AAU team based out of Albuquerque, which FWIW is about 290 miles west of Amarillo. But, they now seem resigned to the probability that he's not going to sign with UNM.

Of course, if OU doesn't get him, I'd much rather see him become a Lobo than a Longhorn or a Cowpoke.

If I were a Lobo fan, then I would be hoping and praying for Alex Kirk. He seems like their best bet at a blue chip type recruit.

Cobbins is playing at the reebok all american camp. if anyone has any information on that please post.

As for the lobos recruiting cobbins i've heard from a friend that he really liked them, but since an assistant coach left the program the head coach alford and lead assistant abandoned him and supposably have been working against the aau club cobbins plays for. I guess they <lobo coaches> are trying to get some of that clubs players to play for another aau team in albuquerque.

I think ou has a good shot at cobbins and i heard that he really liked osu when he went up there for the camp.

Cobbins is playing at the reebok all american camp. if anyone has any information on that please post.

As for the lobos recruiting cobbins i've heard from a friend that he really liked them, but since an assistant coach left the program the head coach alford and lead assistant abandoned him and supposably have been working against the aau club cobbins plays for. I guess they <lobo coaches> are trying to get some of that clubs players to play for another aau team in albuquerque.

I think ou has a good shot at cobbins and i heard that he really liked osu when he went up there for the camp.

Thanks Lobo, and welcome to OUHoops!

Cobbins is at the top of my big man list for OU. I love the way that he plays the game.

Cobbins dislocated his knee at a camp, info was premium on rivals, so I won't copy and paste it. But he was at a tournament in Denton.

They say he'll be out for up to 12 weeks. Tough break.

Cobbins dislocated his knee at a camp, info was premium on rivals, so I won't copy and paste it. But he was at a tournament in Denton.

They say he'll be out for up to 12 weeks. Tough break.

Bad news for him and OU. OU probably can't bring him in to the Elite camp next month now.

Where did you see the info about Cobbins and his knee? I have premium access to Rivals and haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. At the end of the Reebok article it just says Michael Cobbins was unable to play due to Michigan State rules. Would that have anything to do with the injury?

His midrange is very impressive. If he could put it on the ground a little better going toward the basket and maybe add about 15lbs of muscle, we're talking about a top 10 player.

Where did you see the info about Cobbins and his knee? I have premium access to Rivals and haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. At the end of the Reebok article it just says Michael Cobbins was unable to play due to Michigan State rules. Would that have anything to do with the injury?

HoHum is right, Cobbins was injured at the Reebok AA Camp. But, judging by the report on Scout it could have been (and appeared to be) much worse. I pray he will be okay.:

Michael Cobbins, PF: He’s now responsible for the most frightening injury of the summer. Cobbins came down after going for a board, landed awkwardly and got bumped. His knee went one way and his body another. For the better part of 10 minutes Cobbins writhed in pain on the court. After an ambulance took him to the hospital, the news came back: dislocated knee cap, no early signs of ligament damage. Cobbins appears to have dodged a major bullet but will be done for the summer. To say everyone in the building was relieved would be an understatement

Another Daniels update from the Peach Jam:

Great effort from Cam Clark and Phil Pressey leads Team Texas to a last second win over Mac Irvin Fire.

Found this little nugget on Cam Clark:

"Cameron Clark, an elite small forward from Texas, tells NBE that Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arizona, Arizona State, Memphis, Kansas, Kentucky and Arkansas is his school list. He has visited Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and will also visit Arizona and Arizona State soon."

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/07/13/nbe-live-at-peach-jam-monday-updated-915-am/

Arizona worries me a little bit. I think they could be a real attractive choice for Cam.

Back