At least, the Clippers have made some smart moves.

SoonersRule

Banned
Reaction score
They got rid of the cancer that is Zac Randolph. That is good for Blake Griffin that he won't have to play with that punk. Now, if they would get rid of Baron Davis, and just rebuild around Blake Griffin. They won't be good, but a few more early draft picks can change things.

It will be hard to get rid of Davis's contract especially when he often decides to be injured when his team sucks.

As much as I like Blake Griffin its way to early to say he is a guy you can build an NBA team around.

They have made all the right draft picks as well.

Blake Griffin
Eric Gordon
Al Thornton

They picked up Marcus Camby, got rid of Randolph, and picked up a shooter with an expiring contract in Q-Rich.

They have made all the right draft picks as well.

Blake Griffin
Eric Gordon
Al Thornton

They picked up Marcus Camby, got rid of Randolph, and picked up a shooter with an expiring contract in Q-Rich.
I love those moves, put I wouldn't call Q a shooter. Dude is a chucker.

The Clippers have some talent, getting Quentin Richardson isnt a bad move although I wish they coudl get rid of Baron Davis. They have a chance to be decent

I love those moves, put I wouldn't call Q a shooter. Dude is a chucker.

you know he was a leader in 3pt percentage one year? The clips aren't bad, the problem is if you look at the bottom two teams in the West, they were Utah and New Orleans. Add Phoenix to the bottom of that list and the clips have quite a task on them. With some moves, I can see them passing Phoenix and maybe new Orleans.

you know he was a leader in 3pt percentage one year?
He was 37th in the league in 2001-02 and barely cracked the top 50 one other season. He has a .354 career 3-point percentage, which is typically at or below the league-wide average in any given season in recent years. He isn't a horrible long-range shooter, but he isn't particularly good at it either.

Baron Davis isn't going anywhere with that contract.

The Clippers have some talent, getting Quentin Richardson isnt a bad move although I wish they coudl get rid of Baron Davis. They have a chance to be decent

Welcome to the board, c11. Hope you continue to post.

It's the Grizzlies, doesn't count.
:ez-laugh:

I was about to type up something about different contract lengths and what not, but I think X got to the root of it. The Grizzlies remind me of a fantasy team that all of the good owners poach with lopsided trades until there is absolutely nothing left and it's roster looks no better than what is on the waiver wire.

:ez-laugh:

I was about to type up something about different contract lengths and what not, but I think X got to the root of it. The Grizzlies remind me of a fantasy team that all of the good owners poach with lopsided trades until there is absolutely nothing left and it's roster looks no better than what is on the waiver wire.

It's a shame that solid players like Gay and Mayo are there for the start of their careers too. Conley will never develop to anything until he gets out of there. Thabeet will be a bust, and Gasol needs to do the same as his brother.

That franchise has always been a failure since starting out in Vancouver of all places. Having Big Country as the franchise starter, then moving to a city like Memphis with guys like Mike Bibby as your back bone and a coach like Hubie Brown.

Are the Grizzlies the new Clippers? They have an owner who sticks his nose into personnel decisions despite knowing nothing about basketball, a GM whose transactions have quickly made him the laughingstock of the league, and no one wants to play there. At least the Clippers should be somewhat respectable as long as Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are there.

Back