Attendance

Re: Hard to figure out Norman area Sooner fans

It would be nice if a majority of the people who bought tickets showed up. OU sold 10,518 tickets to today's game and only 7,218 showed up. And it's been around that 3,000 mark of no-shows all year. :confused:

Thank goodness that at least the student section is showing up now and showing some energy so the place doesn't sound like a full-fledged morgue during non-conference play.

It would be nice if a majority of the people who bought tickets showed up. OU sold 10,518 tickets to today's game and only 7,218 showed up. And it's been around that 3,000 mark of no-shows all year. :confused:

Thank goodness that at least the student section is showing up now and showing some energy so the place doesn't sound like a full-fledged morgue during non-conference play.

I realize the number of no-shows is disappointing, but a crowd of 7,218 is not that bad with students gone for the holidays.

So how many of those 3300 no shows were students?

So how many of those 3300 no shows were students?

Couldn't say for sure, but seeing as how most of the students left for home earlier this week, there were fewer students than normal.

in fairness to the op and the time when he posted, it did look dead before tipoff. but for whatever reason there were a stream of people that filed in just after tip. i was very pleased and surprised by the attendance. i don't expect the same monday though.

I realize the number of no-shows is disappointing, but a crowd of 7,218 is not that bad with students gone for the holidays.

The last few days before Christmas are crazy busy for most people, especially those with young children. I think that's a decent crowd, too, for a noon start on the Saturday before Christmas in a game against a non-marquee opponent.

in fairness to the op and the time when he posted, it did look dead before tipoff. but for whatever reason there were a stream of people that filed in just after tip. i was very pleased and surprised by the attendance. i don't expect the same monday though.

That is true. This was a late arriving crowd.

i watched some of Missouri's game last night. same issues. empty seats, December holidays. students on vacation. and they have a brand new building.

Last edited:
Back