Austin Reaves

Leave. Austin. ALONE!!!!!! Lol

Who will think of the children????

If you don't want our honest opinion about Austin Reaves, don't start a thread about him.

<Starts thread about Austin Reaves then asks, WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING THINGS ABOUT AUSTIN REAVES???>

If you don't want our honest opinion about Austin Reaves, don't start a thread about him.

<Starts thread about Austin Reaves then asks, WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING THINGS ABOUT AUSTIN REAVES???>

Seriously.

Reaves averages 2.3 turnovers a game. Doo averages 2.1 per game, and not a peep about that on this board.

Every season, it's someone. This season, it's Reaves.

Some would expect a guard to have better handles than Doolittle who is not a guard. Doolittle finds himself on the perimeter less than a guard thus he finds himself in the thick of the defense more often. Doolittle is also seen as a more consistent player. The likelihood is a more consistent player will be less criticized than a less consistent player.

Some would expect a guard to have better handles than Doolittle who is not a guard. Doolittle finds himself on the perimeter less than a guard thus he finds himself in the thick of the defense more often. Doolittle is also seen as a more consistent player. The likelihood is a more consistent player will be less criticized than a less consistent player.

All of this.

If I could delete one poster...you might be it. GO away troll.

How often do you pound your chest? And who, pray tell, is preventing you from placing the poster on ignore. Can you provide us with names?

Last edited:
If I could delete one poster...you might be it. GO away troll.

I’m not a troll, you can check my posts going back for years and years, but you sound like message board posting might not be the right activity for you. I don’t know.

And reaves handles the ball a lot more. That’s like saying a wide receiver who fumbles the ball once per game is a better ball carrier than a running back who fumbles 1.2 times per game. The running back touched the ball a lot more than the wide receiver just like reaves compared to doo.

Reaves averages 2.3 turnovers a game. Doo averages 2.1 per game, and not a peep about that on this board.

Every season, it's someone. This season, it's Reaves.

Not true either. Comments have been made about Doo getting the ball taken away from behind many times. I made them once. It’s a fan board. There are going to be positive and negative comments. If you look just a little you will also find a lot of positive comments about Reaves. But going through a game thread after you know the results is probably going to give you a slanted opinion. There are different personalities on here, some more emotional than others during the game and they say what they would say to their friend at the bar. I like that. If everyone was always positive or always negative it would be a boring forum.

There were two critical plays when WV was closing the gap, where Reaves just stood there and dribbled until there were 6 seconds on the shot clock. Both times I thought he was going to go into his dance-and-shoot-contested-fadeaway mode... but instead, both times he made a good move, got into the lane, and made a pass to a wide open guy under the basket. Great team plays.

And I don't know if he can make them if the defense doesn't think, somewhere in the back of their head, that he's about to make them look foolish and drain a 3 in their face. Even if the numbers don't support it.

My age will show but bar talk/comments should stay at the bar. More often than naught these comments are non productive and are made in the heat of the game. I have thought the same sometimes during the game. No player nor coach would be good enough if I analyzed their play or coaching on a few plays or a bad game. (Interesting that only 5 schools have made the NCAA tournament more than OU since 2013.) Not saying that there is not room for critic but picking and choosing a few bad plays or a bad game on a single player is not good analysis. Sometimes even a bad season.
If your going to the practices, attending the games then some good analysis would be appreciated.

That’s my point. The game thread is not so much about analysis as it is about reaction. And whether comments made at the bar should stay at the bar is totally dependent on the individual in my opinion. But as for my opinion it is only equal to you and everyone- we all have one. None of us are in charge.

That’s my point. The game thread is not so much about analysis as it is about reaction. And whether comments made at the bar should stay at the bar is totally dependent on the individual in my opinion. But as for my opinion it is only equal to you and everyone- we all have one. None of us are in charge.

Agreed. When the electricity goes out chances are people are not happy yet they do not know the length of the outage, for it could be for a minute or days, yet no one shows elements of joy when it actually goes out and this is how the human pysche is wired yet there are those who pound the table in an attempt to ignore the obvious. Kicking the obvious to the curb so as to provide a home for the oblivious is beyond silly.

Agreed. When the electricity goes out chances are people are not happy yet they do not know the length of the outage, for it could be for a minute or days, yet no one shows elements of joy when it actually goes out and this is how the human pysche is wired yet there are those who pound the table in an attempt to ignore the obvious. Kicking the obvious to the curb so as to provide a home for the oblivious is beyond silly.

Power goes out a lot for some people.

It seems an apt time to bump this thread up.

Back