Austin Reaves

As far as I know, foul calls are non-reviewable unless the officials are trying to determine if a foul is flagrant or not.

Dude shoots 23% from the field and gets a thread started for him explaining how much better he's been playing lately, sheesh.

Shows how low he has set the bar for himself.

Dude shoots 23% from the field and gets a thread started for him explaining how much better he's been playing lately, sheesh.

Somewhat fair point. But he is a starter on a pretty good team. That alone makes it’s a relevant topic. Not like he’s a bench player on a trash team.

he is one of the biggest reasons OU won the game @ WVU

It is pretty humorous...

he is one of the biggest reasons OU won the game @ WVU

Naw, I'll take the rest of the team combining for shooting 57% over Reaves being one of the biggest reasons.

Nobody else on the team shot below 50%

Reaves also had a few passes come his way he didn't even attempt to catch that don't go down as his turnovers in the game.

He is an elite FT shooter though, so I hope he keeps flopping even though he takes the silliest off balance flailing shots just trying to get to the FT line.

As far as I know, foul calls are non-reviewable unless the officials are trying to determine if a foul is flagrant or not.

Blows to the head or face are subject to a review for that very reason.

That was one time Lon should have protested the call and insisted on a review. Most coaches would have been livid after that call. Even if Reaves nose wasn’t bleeding, that was a horrible call.

I do believe Reaves is playing better. I feel like he's the only guy on the team, (guard wise) that can break down the defense at the end of the shot clock. I just don't see JB or Harmon getting guys open like Reaves does on those type of plays. Wish Reaves would shoot a little less and look to create for others even more.

JB and Harmon both have been playing way better which helps out!

By all means, focus on one stat and ignore all the others. That's the best way to judge any player's contributions.

Naw, I'll take the rest of the team combining for shooting 57% over Reaves being one of the biggest reasons.

Nobody else on the team shot below 50%

Reaves also had a few passes come his way he didn't even attempt to catch that don't go down as his turnovers in the game.

He is an elite FT shooter though, so I hope he keeps flopping even though he takes the silliest off balance flailing shots just trying to get to the FT line.

LEAGUE STATS-
11th in league in scoring
17th in league in Reb
12th in League in Asst.
8th in league in Mins played
10th IN LEAGUE in Advanced Metrics...
29th in Total Defense.

But Keep doing your thing. I understand the FG% hasnt been there

LEAGUE STATS-
11th in league in scoring
17th in league in Reb
12th in League in Asst.
8th in league in Mins played
10th IN LEAGUE in Advanced Metrics...
29th in Total Defense.

But Keep doing your thing. I understand the FG% hasnt been there

He’s also 8th in the league in field goal attempts with that shooting %. And is 5th in turnovers.

But, I do agree that he’s been playing better lately. Even his defense seems more locked in. But right now I’d say he’s a real trick or treat player.

Again, of course he's going to have some decent stats with that usage/volume. The devil is in the details.

I knew the negatives have been pointed out. Shooting % and To's.

We can live some some TO's bc we avg 9.4 a game. Top 10 in the nation in least amount of To's

If Reaves had gone to the floor grasping his face and not played through it they would have 100% reviewed the call. They should have reviewed the contact to the face anyways.

If Reaves had gone to the floor grasping his face and not played through it they would have 100% reviewed the call. They should have reviewed the contact to the face anyways.

I was just reading the rule book, and it looks like Coach Kruger could have requested a review to determine if it was a flagrant foul, at risk of losing a timeout. I don't know if it was worth it though at that point in the game, we had a big lead.

I was just reading the rule book, and it looks like Coach Kruger could have requested a review to determine if it was a flagrant foul, at risk of losing a timeout. I don't know if it was worth it though at that point in the game, we had a big lead.

I agree, it likely would not have resulted in a flagrant foul.

I agree, it likely would not have resulted in a flagrant foul.

The problem was that the officials didn't even call a common foul, so getting them to call a flagrant would have been a reach.

I knew the negatives have been pointed out. Shooting % and To's.

We can live some some TO's bc we avg 9.4 a game. Top 10 in the nation in least amount of To's

Reaves averages 2.3 turnovers a game. Doo averages 2.1 per game, and not a peep about that on this board.

Every season, it's someone. This season, it's Reaves.

Reaves averages 2.3 turnovers a game. Doo averages 2.1 per game, and not a peep about that on this board.

Every season, it's someone. This season, it's Reaves.

Very true. Doesnt fit the agenda.

Back