Austin Reaves

What a performance. Absolutely took over & finally got some help late in the game.

What a performance. Absolutely took over & finally got some help late in the game.

We were down 19 and I turned it off. But, just before I did I thought "maybe I'll look later and they will have won last minute" .... "nah".

It was eerily reminiscent of a few nites ago when I thought "with this celebrating it would really suck if they won it on a desperation 3 at the buzzer" ... "nah".

We were down 19 and I turned it off. But, just before I did I thought "maybe I'll look later and they will have won last minute" .... "nah".

It was eerily reminiscent of a few nites ago when I thought "with this celebrating it would really suck if they won it on a desperation 3 at the buzzer" ... "nah".

Yeah I recorded it so actually knew what was going to happen or I might’ve done the same thing.

I had an out-of-town guest and had to step out during the second half. When we got the deficit down to 13 before I left, I thought, "Well, we've got a shot," but I wasn't counting on anything. I was surprised and pleased when I saw the final score and enjoyed watching what I'd missed when I got home.

Rarely has a Sooner come as close to winning a game singlehandedly as Reaves did last night. Doo's stats were better than I might have guessed while watching the game and Manek fought hard on defense and his two late threes were huge, but Reaves carried the team on his back start to finish last night. A performance for the ages.

Last edited:
I still can't believe they came back and won that game... Especially after what happened in the Texas game.

I still can't believe they came back and won that game... Especially after what happened in the Texas game.

Or, you could say we were due after what happened in the Texas game.

41.jpg

Reaves was well on his way to a performance like this in Stillwater. His teammates just weren't ready to hop on his back. He was playing his butt off, and we'd cut the lead down to six around the 8-minute TO. Poor shot selection from his teammates followed, and the rout was on.

But not in Fort Worth!

Although he makes me shake my head multiple times each game, I have never questioned Reaves’ effort. He has played hard the vast majority of the time this season. Hope that translates to a great senior season.

Although he makes me shake my head multiple times each game, I have never questioned Reaves’ effort. He has played hard the vast majority of the time this season. Hope that translates to a great senior season.

yes he does. excellent observation. when his shot selection is just a tad more discerning consistently then he'll be a star with that kind of motor.

Spoke to one of the dads on the team. Kids are exhausted. They expect a couple light days to rest up.
That extra day off helps this week.

Spoke to one of the dads on the team. Kids are exhausted. They expect a couple light days to rest up.
That extra day off helps this week.

That was the problem with moving the big 12 sec challenge to a saturday during conference play. Every team used to get a “bye” week were they only played 1 game that week instead of 2

Last edited:
Back