Aziz Ndaiye narrows list

I'm beginning to think that Washington is the leader for Jones, but nobody really knows with Aziz. He's playing it very close to the vest.

This quote came off of a duke forumn

"Duke is no longer in the recuitment of Ross. He does not qualify academically. We have already offered Callick Felix and he is most likely gonna be in a Duke jersey next year. Supposedly he cannot verbally commit until after his season and he gets his transcripts transferred but he is a shoe-in. Duke is looking to add one more player to the 2010 class and one is Trey Ziegler. As of right now the odds are less than 50% of actually landing him. The other possibility is Ndiaye and they are still watching him."

I believe Felix is Aziz's teammate...so if that quote is right neither of the two may be able to commit until after the season

according to espn it is
1) kentucky
2) OU
3) West Virginia
4) Washington
5) UCLA

And the espn site was updated today...3/4

The last update on Scout says it's Oklahoma, Washington, Oregon, UCLA and Kentucky, in that order, if that means anything.

I saw a report from one of Scout's recruiting gurus a few weeks ago that said Duke was not recruiting Jones. That might have changed since then. But judging by everything I've read over the past few months, they're not really in the mix for him.

according to espn it is
1) kentucky
2) OU
3) West Virginia
4) Washington
5) UCLA

And the espn site was updated today...3/4

Can't see him going to UCLA, not sure he fits Howland's "physical" big-man system.

That's some pretty steep competition for OU.

Is there a Praying emoticon we can add?

This is the best I could do:

images

I think Tiny hurts us as far as landing Jones. Not sure you can play them both together, and definitely not sure they'd want to play together. IF Tiny leaves, I hope he does so early enough that Capel can still have a chance with these kids.

Good news about N'Diaye, I guess. I have no idea what that kid is thinking. Hopefully he doesn't see Tiny and Fitz as blocking his way to playing time. I guess it depends if he wants a nearly guaranteed starting spot or not. Of course, I don't know what the other schools have to offer him as far as playing time.

Oregon State is a school to keep an eye on. Craig Robinson is doing a fine job taking over a program that was at total rock bottom and has them 7-9 in the pac-10 in his 2nd year. He keeps improving and the positive Obama-brother-in-law factor could really explode recruiting there.

Oregon State is a school to keep an eye on. Craig Robinson is doing a fine job taking over a program that was at total rock bottom and has them 7-9 in the pac-10 in his 2nd year. He keeps improving and the positive Obama-brother-in-law factor could really explode recruiting there.
boca, you're a west coast guy. Have you ever seen the Pac-10 this atrocious?

boca, you're a west coast guy. Have you ever seen the Pac-10 this atrocious?

I just moved here in 2006, but this is a pretty unique situtation where so many schools in the same conference are in rebuild mode due to losing multiple players to the NBA draft. It's pretty unprecedented. The conference is not atrocious, this is just a cyclical blip.

The Felix cat is a Southern Idaho prospect as well that Duke is offering. I believe that Capel has discussed juco prospects with Coach K.

I just moved here in 2006, but this is a pretty unique situtation where so many schools in the same conference are in rebuild mode due to losing multiple players to the NBA draft. It's pretty unprecedented. The conference is not atrocious, this is just a cyclical blip.

Agree...it's just going through a unique cycle right now with the many defections over the past two years.

As for Aziz, he will get immediate PT at OU and OSU, not sure about Washington. The Beavers are only comeptitive in conference this year due to two things....Oregon being down (will always get superior talent) and the Pac-10 being down as a whole (OSU won't compete with Romar, Szendek, Howland, Miller, Montgomery, Turgeon)

I get some weird channel on my digital cable that allows me to watch a lot of Pac-10 ball and, I've got to tell you, I've watched some ATROCIOUS play. I know the conference isn't always like this, but the 2010 play of the Pac-10 in BBall has been nothing short of awful. You're right, they've been gutted of talent, but my goodness there's been some bad ball being played.

A commit from him and the other guy would put us at 4. We probably need 3 more after that.

Back