Bench Warren.....

Lots of turnovers, but still a decent assist ratio. 7 assists to 7 turnovers.

15 pts, 7 assists, 5 rebounds. Not a bad game.

While he didn't play very well at times, I can't fault his effort in the second half tonight.

Thank you for providing the one useful comment in this thread. Willie was frustrating to watch at times tonight, but WE WOULDN'T HAVE WON THE GAME WITHOUT HIM!

BTW, did anyone catch that great pass to Gallon in OT...or is this thread reserved for just trashing WW?

Thank you for providing the one useful comment in this thread. Willie was frustrating to watch at times tonight, but WE WOULDN'T HAVE WON THE GAME WITHOUT HIM!

BTW, did anyone catch that great pass to Gallon in OT...or is this thread reserved for just trashing WW?

That was a great pass; I was surprised tiny didn't dunk??:tinypower

That was a great pass; I was surprised tiny didn't dunk??:tinypower

Legs probably tired from absolutely owning the glass. TG with the showout on OU too [pride in Oklahoma on jersey].

I love Warren, but that 3 with 1 minute to go and all the times he didn't pass just shows me he is playing for the NBA. He is trying for the highlight play and killing our team game in the process.

Agreed WTF is he doing, add 7 To's to that

WaymanFan,

I don't know that I agree with you. I believe we win the game if WW is sitting down all night. Between his TO's and jacking up impossible shots, he cost us about 15 opportunities to score. With good team play we put in quite a few of those shots. I'm just becoming convinced that this "team" won't become a "team" with WW involved.

Now I am glad with the win and one thing positive is I believe the last half of the 2nd half and all of overtime OU finally played with great effort on DEFENSE. If we will do that JC can get the offense corrected; without Intensity on D getting the Offense going won't matter.

WaymanFan,

I don't know that I agree with you. I believe we win the game if WW is sitting down all night. Between his TO's and jacking up impossible shots, he cost us about 15 opportunities to score. With good team play we put in quite a few of those shots. I'm just becoming convinced that this "team" won't become a "team" with WW involved.

Now I am glad with the win and one thing positive is I believe the last half of the 2nd half and all of overtime OU finally played with great effort on DEFENSE. If we will do that JC can get the offense corrected; without Intensity on D getting the Offense going won't matter.
WW - 7 assists.
TMG - 3 assists
Rest of team - 0 assists.

You talk about his turnovers, but other guys had turnovers also with NO assists to go along with it. WW still had a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio. He didn't play perfect but he was definitely important in the win.

While Willie made some good plays down the stretch, for a large part of this game, he was awful. We are not a good team when he tries to take over and force the issue when he doesn't have the space. When he does have space, he is much less likely to turn it over on his drive. One glaring critique of him is that he needs to stop whining when things don't go his way.....while busting his butt to get back on defense.

How many times did Knight use the word ill-advised when talking about WW?

Yea thanks WW, don't show unbelievable ability to go to the basket when no one else on this team can score. Thanks for taking over the game when someone had to step up and win it. Thanks for putting up with the average Joe that goes to the LNC ever year or so and know doodle.

Last edited by a moderator:
WaymanFan,

I would agee with most of this.

I am still on the fence. Mistakes cost points and games. WW makes a lot of mistakes, things that Knight called ill-advised. He can make a good play. But, he can also lose the ball on a drive far too often, make a rather lazy pass too often, and shoot the three at the strangest times.

Tonight, just after he made a couple of excellent plays, he took a three point shot with about fifty seconds left when he should have eaten clock. You had to wonder what he was thinking. While he did complete a couple of drives with nice assists to Gallon, he also lost the ball on some and took some of the most absurd layup attempts, one of which went in.

You kind of want your star to do a lot more good than bad. After WW plays, you end up trying to assess whether he did more good than harm. Why would this be necessary?

Willie needs to get himself together. I wouldn't want a team playing like WW.

Willie does some good stuff but don't let that fool you. It's not enough good stuff to sustain us. What goes into a supposedly great player taking a 3 point shot at the start of the shot clock when he should be working the ball around and eating time?

I hope I am wrong and he can change dramatically. Maybe the team will pull together in spite of him, continue playing good D and win some more games.

You WW haters need to suck dust and Knight can suck dust, too.

Yea thanks WW, don't show unbelievable ability to go to the basket when no one else on this team can score. Thanks for taking over the game when someone had to step up and win it. Thanks for putting up with the average Joe that goes to the LNC ever year or so and know doodle.

I am surely not a Hater. Just pointing out the facts. Anyone else with BB knowledge (did you hear Knight; even though I don't like him he knows more BB than all of us) knows he is doing tons of stupid stuff. He needs to hand the ball to TMG who is a true PG and let TMG set him up instead of the opposite. WW just cannot drive and finish most of the time without getting stripped; seen it all year and he is not adjusting.

The other thing is, even at the end of the game when he finally made a basketball instead of running to get back on D he is showboating to the camera. Sad.

Don't you know that Willie is untouchable on the team. Had you seen anybody dare confronting Willie. Tiny and TMG are Willie's brothers. He is untouchable.

WW took this team on his back and won the game. This team sucks offensively. Taking the ball to the basket is what WW can do to help an offensively lost team. It involves risk and mistakes, but where would this team be without the talent to do what he is doing.

I was furious with this lady behind me yelling the whole game to take him out. With any guts, I'd have told her to get out of the arena. Sometimes people can't observe and think for themselves and that is an unfair burden that WW has been dealt.

This is starting to get like the Landry Jones/Kevin Wilson bashing on Owen Field during football season. Ridiculous.

If he will not play within the offense than bench him. Of course, I am not sure what our offense is. That may be part of the problem. We played 10 games with 1 post, than went to 2 posts. Who knows wtf we are running.

He should also be benched everytime he jaws with the ref after a no call, and makes us play 4 vs 5 on defense.

Back